What's new

Daytime hunt

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I normally don't get out during the day to hunt, but my buddy Jim really needed to get out and do some detecting. Since the 0 tide hit at 11am this particular day, we decided to go hunt Sunset Beach which sits in the heart of American Village.

This beach is a cove that isn't very deep in the middle. When the low tide hits, this whole area drains out... giving people like us the perfect situation to dig for those great finds ;D
We arrived a tad early, but the water was shallow enough to hunt anyway.

MetalDetecting001-7.jpg

MetalDetecting002-5.jpg

MetalDetecting003-6.jpg


The day started off decent for me... having found 2 of the 500 yen coins within the first 30 minutes. I had to dig DEEP for them though, so I remained skeptical as to how the rest of the day would go.

MetalDetecting005-1.jpg



Finally the cove drained out...

MetalDetecting011-1.jpg

MetalDetecting010-5.jpg

MetalDetecting009-3.jpg


After 3 hours, I was whooped. The take for the day looked like this.

MetalDetecting016.jpg

MetalDetecting019-1.jpg


A little over 1,300 yen ($16.45) and a small silver ring. Jim found 2 HONKER silver rings that probably weighed in at an ounce or more, but that's for him to post.

Unfortunately, being in the heart of American Village, a lot of the GI's with detectors hit this place and other nearby beaches... so the finds got sparse. A lot of the targets were really deep, so I might have to bring the LS back to punch down to the better finds next time I go.
 
Upvote 0
Wow how cool! :headbang: Thanks for the great pics and post! :hello2:
 
Great photos, thanks for sharing.
 
The pics are great sounds like y'all had a great time.
drewan
 
Great pictures, you have some interesting places to hunt :icon_thumright:
 
I enjoyed the Okinawa pics. Thanks for posting them. I enjoyed my time there in the early 70's and the low tide look is familiar. Much has changed since it was still in US possession back then. No one had a detector. I bought one in 71 but left it in the states.

Maggie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom