What's new

DDs search coil

dusty1530

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2013
Messages
417
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD's search coil

I'm thinking about getting a DD search coil for my Delta 4000 I was just wondering do I have to have a oem search coil or can I put any search coil on there
 
I'm not real familiar with that line, but I'd think that an OEM coil would be the sure thing. There may (or not) be any other after market or other brand coils that will work. That's the case with all the brands I am familiar with.
luvsdux
 
Kellyco shows four 5inchdd, 10inch elliptical ,11inchdd and 13inch ulitamate. I use the 5 inchdd most on my t2.
 
DD coils do not pinpoint as well as concentric. Concentric pinpoint in the center and DD pinpoint on the edge. Frank... 111-1 profile.webp
 
I also have a delta 4000 ....I have an AT Pro as well....my delta came with the 8" concentric and the pinpointing is dead on....I am looking to get another coil for it as well....from what I have been reading the 11"dd coil by teknetics is the way to go....I hear too that pinpointing will be a little different and am pretty sure it will be....my at pro pinpoints pretty good but not as well as my delta.....in saying that my at pro came with an 8.5 x11" dd coil and I also bought the 5x8 dd coil.......I got the garrett beacause its waterproof and good for saltwater or saltwater beaches.....but cannot wait to get the dd coil for my delta.....just make sure you get the right one.....from what I have read the t2 teknetics 11"dd coil is not the right one for the delta 4000 ....you want the greek series dd coil...ex... delta omega etc...good luck and let us all know what you decide on and how it does for you....Happy Hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom