What's new

Dead cat found . Silver bell and toy car

underdogger

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
I posted this on whats it but I need to see if any one can Id this cat . I was shooting an old 1850's property . It ran the silver scale like a silver hit would. both the bell and the cat. Cat has a bunch of crusty crud on it from the neck down .
I looked through a loop It no markings on bell or cat botom is crust covered and seems to be rotting.Also the cat looks to have been bronze or gold plated as far as I could see through loop . So I need help How to clean and ID . The cat weighs about 4-6 oz's. the bell im quite sure is silver . Your Input would be appreciated . and technicaly the cat is dead .lol Rob :coffee2:
 

Attachments

  • Oct23066.webp
    Oct23066.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 808
  • Oct23067.webp
    Oct23067.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 802
  • Oct23068.webp
    Oct23068.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 800
  • Oct23066.webp
    Oct23066.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 786
  • Oct23067.webp
    Oct23067.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 801
  • Oct23068.webp
    Oct23068.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
Underdogger, I don't know about the poor cat, but the horse bell dates from the early 1800's, it's a large one designed to be mounted on a leather strap, and it was possibly once strung on leather with other horse and sleigh bells of varying sizes as these ones are in the picture (sorry about the bad picture!)
 

Attachments

  • sleigh and horse bells.webp
    sleigh and horse bells.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 774
"Is that a personal collection or a photo of your dungeon?"


Ha!, I'd be happy if was either, but it's part of the Mercer Museum in Doylestwn Pa.
 
Cool Cat!!
Just In Time For Halloween!!
HH!!
Swingit
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom