Dealing with different banks

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you have accounts at all the banks you deal with? do you keep a balance on them?

Chase won't order me halves, my local said they might be able to but i had to promise never to bring them back, and then never followed up with my order.

just wondering if i need to start calling banks to find one that will order and then open an account or if you've found that banks will order and trade coin with people who do not have accounts there.

Upvote 0
Yes I have a few savings with just $500 in each that works for me.

yeah but if you get a savings be prepared to get a spiel about checking accounts and credit cards.... even after you say no not interested.

my uncle tried to get a box of halves they refused so he took all of his money out of that bank

I don't get why some banks do that

Some banks you have to build a report with. Like say every Wednesday you go in and buy cwr. Then when thy start to get to know you they will order for you.

do you have accounts at all the banks you deal with? do you keep a balance on them?

Chase won't order me halves, my local said they might be able to but i had to promise never to bring them back, and then never followed up with my order.

just wondering if i need to start calling banks to find one that will order and then open an account or if you've found that banks will order and trade coin with people who do not have accounts there.

Tlowery, I have some banks I can just drop in on and pu boxes although halves are never available this way for me. If you have a bank that can order halves for you, I would open an account and pursue it. Promising to not bring them back is a no brainer. Promise them you will take people's halves they turn in, off their hands as well. This tends to make them happy and want to work with you. Good luck.

Personally calling banks is not as good as going in to order them yourself in person... I just dont do it, I would rather look them in the eye and ask to order boxes, as I feel they would be less inclined to lie just to get you off the phone or something...

Yes multiple bank accounts, I must belong to a dozen by now. lol

Personally calling banks is not as good as going in to order them yourself in person... I just dont do it, I would rather look them in the eye and ask to order boxes, as I feel they would be less inclined to lie just to get you off the phone or something...

Yes multiple bank accounts, I must belong to a dozen by now. lol

On the phone, you might say something and never show up. In person, it is more likely you will show up to pick up the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back