December 7

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An uncle of mine was there and watched the attack from Red Hill until the Jap's began strafing them. The memorial takes your breath away and amen to "we all cried".

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my Uncle Donald was on the Indianapolis delivering the Bomb that ended the war...and survived.
my father was on the USS Asheville in the North Atlantic, my Uncle Billy was with McArthur at Leyte and in the occupation at the end.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just opened a new memorial on the campus of University of Arizona in Tucson.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey russau!! AMERICA!! GOD REST THEM ALL!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle was killed by a Jap sniper on some forgotten Island. Posthumously received the Bronse Star. My Dad never really got over it.

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
My uncle (Commander for the Naval Air in the Pacific ) volunteered and stood when they dropped the bomb on Bikini Atoll and in 1968 he passed away from radiation poisoning and asked that NO benefits be given in his name to the survivors . His wish's were honored ! SALUTE!

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend who lives in FL now, he is 96 and a Pearl Harbor Survivor. I called him yesterday and we had a good chat. Very few of these guys left.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took 4 vets to lunch yesterday and a finer crew that live here in my neighborhood can not be found anywhere. Just DO NOT PLAY POKER with them though as you will lose-John

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
An uncle of mine was there and watched the attack from Red Hill until the Jap's began strafing them. The memorial takes your breath away and amen to "we all cried".

My Dad told me when the strafing started He dove between stacked 500 lb. bombs,said it was the safest place.

I sure miss my Dad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread