What's new

Decent ammo box

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale and was walking around and spotted this in a garbage can I asked if they had just set it there because it was on top and they said no I asked if I could have it and they said I could it's not super exciting I know these are pretty common but hey it was for free and I find it neat
 

Attachments

  • 1460650546715.webp
    1460650546715.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 1460650559670.webp
    1460650559670.webp
    62.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 1460650570342.webp
    1460650570342.webp
    50 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 8
They ain't cheap around here.
I use them though.
Yours has a raised profile of a cartridge on it .
What that profile was for is to tell what direction a belt of ammo faced.
Should be a profile on the bottom too ,to show what direction the belt(bullet tips) are supposed to be positioned in when placing the folded belt in the box.

Great recovery on your part!
 
Well you can certainly find a use for that.
 
Thanks for the info I appreciate it sad Yeah I'm sure I'll use it I'll modify a lock for it maybe store some of my less valuable coins
 
I paid $50.00 for 5 of them. You made out like a Bandit.:occasion14:
Marvin
 
Thanks for the info I appreciate it sad Yeah I'm sure I'll use it I'll modify a lock for it maybe store some of my less valuable coins
Cut an oblong hole in the flap that applies the tension and secure a hasp part (Upper part of this
a7c1a249-7415-4e30-bbcf-ca49c7c384ab_145.jpg
) and close the flap and install your lock.
Marvin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom