Decorative Iron Elephant & ?candle holder?

Kimmie

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2011
Decorative Iron Elephant & ?candle holder?

This weekend, the kids and I were going through our treasure box containing past finds, and I thought I'd post two items that have stumped us.

The first is an elephant made of iron. He's missing the front of his face and the trunk. There is a hole in the middle - I don't know if there was another half to him, or if he was attached as a decorative item to something.

The second is a mystery. The kids & hubby think it's a candle holder, I'm not so sure. I thought maybe it was part of a garden tool, like a wooden handle fit in the hole. But the back is very flat, almost like the piece was attached to something flat.

I tried to get various angles of both items. I'd love to hear your ideas!

SAM_2355.JPG

SAM_2356.JPG

SAM_2357.JPG

SAM_2358.JPG

SAM_2359.JPG

SAM_2360.JPG

SAM_2361.JPG

OP
OP
K

Kimmie

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2011
Re: Decorative Iron Elephant & ?candle holder?

Any other thoughts on the second item? It's been driving me crazy for over a year!

Kimmie

Upvote 0
S

stefen

I agree with Tigger regarding it being a bank...I have a cast iron pig bank (late 1890's) thats almost identical... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I took another look, the two holes in the second item are different sizes. IF it was a candle holder, maybe one of them held a reflector (to reflect the light back, also would protect the wall), and/or some kind of drip catcher???

Hang in there, someone will know!

Tigger

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread