deep settings for mxt

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try and run the gain at +2, also the D2 coil( whites round 10" DD coil ) is awesome for depth. It separates targets pretty good and has excellent depth, I can get dimes at 10"+ with that coil running +2 gain. Don't be afraid to turn up the discriminate when its gets trashy you can run a 6 disc and still get those dimes at 10"+. Make sure to set the threshold just barely audible and get a good ground balance and the MXT will find even tiny targets way deep, I almost always have on the D2 coil as I'm afraid if I don't use it that I might miss those deep targets. HH

Lost2Much

Apr 29, 2011
South Pa.
Detector(s) used
MXT XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wingmaster is right! I would like to add: stay in Relic Mode. I use Sunray Headphones and a White's 12"
300. I've gotten a shotgun shell's primer at 10". I dig all the "overload" tones = dime, button, LC coin, and a CW bullet - all about 1" to 2" down.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I usually always hunt in relic mode trigger foward but if your just starting out you might go with coin and jewelry till you get to know the VDI numbers for quarter,dime,penny,ect. Just remember there's always going to be some different like those silver 3 cent pieces that are smaller than a dime that you don't run into often that VDI lower than most but you don't want to miss. You can be picky what you dig depending on where your hunting if its real old you might want to dig some of those lower good sounding VDI's. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread