What's new

Need help with programs

the13bats

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After about 8 years we are getting back into metal detection,
I'm trying to relearn all I forgot about my v3i hoping for some help,
I want to start with all the programs set back to factory and used the manual and found the restore, however I must have changed the names of 2 programs, salt beach and coins and jewelry,
Restore doesn't restore the original names, it keeps the related names I gave them
Hoping I haven't messed it up can someone walk me through returning programs to factory default with factory names, if that's possible now.
Many thanks,
Bats.
 
After about 8 years we are getting back into metal detection,
I'm trying to relearn all I forgot about my v3i hoping for some help,
I want to start with all the programs set back to factory and used the manual and found the restore, however I must have changed the names of 2 programs, salt beach and coins and jewelry,
Restore doesn't restore the original names, it keeps the related names I gave them
Hoping I haven't messed it up can someone walk me through returning programs to factory default with factory names, if that's possible now.
Many thanks,
Bats.
Here we go...
 

Attachments

You are welcome, @the13bats .😊
I used this a lot when I was new to the VX3. I highly recommend it to every V3 user.
It removes all the annoying notifications and sounds that other users prefer.
A saved user information isn't deleted, but all settings are reset to factory defaults.
 
Last edited:
Let me ask you a few more novice questions, please bear with me my mind isn't as sharp as before a surprise heart surgery last year,
So no matter how much I putz around with settings factory reset can fix it and users can't edit ( ruin ) factory programs?

I mostly only change vol and sometimes display colors, when I forward toggle to analysis its a humps idea, I'm interested in the vector lines I guess called polar plot is there an easy way to switch between it and humps for analyzing?
Thanx.

Today I spent about 30 mins in front yard after dinner before rain, I was delighted, I found 2 Washington quarters, a Jefferson nickle and some trash, also a chuckle cheese token, nothing epic but I was right what it likely was before digging, the token threw me off looking like a quarter until cleaning.
Everything was about 5 to 7 inches, hopefully more time tomorrow learning more about the machine.
 
So no matter how much I putz around with settings factory reset can fix it and users can't edit ( ruin ) factory programs?
Correct.
 
Did more putzing in my yard today, no epic finds, an aluminum prize token, a tiny brass sears lock that the bail rusted off of, several coins nothing too old,
I seem to be having issues with pull tabs vs nickles or pull tabs vs gold ring, my yard has a lot of mower shredded cans that hit in that range, I dig it since I'm in my learning mode but only found one Nickle and no gold rings, is there a trick to avoiding aluminum trash in coin and jewelry ?
Thanks to all.
 
Did more putzing in my yard today, no epic finds, an aluminum prize token, a tiny brass sears lock that the bail rusted off of, several coins nothing too old,
I seem to be having issues with pull tabs vs nickles or pull tabs vs gold ring, my yard has a lot of mower shredded cans that hit in that range, I dig it since I'm in my learning mode but only found one Nickle and no gold rings, is there a trick to avoiding aluminum trash in coin and jewelry ?
Thanks to all.
The trick is not to run factory program. You say you're using c&j. Now, if you're going rid of the pulls, can slaw and that stuff, you're kicking the jewelry out, too.
May be this is for you:
Select the coins program and then do a search in the yard.
Then select the c&j program and research the same area the same way.
Which one do you like more? May be you are a cherry-picker, then the coin is for you.

I do prefer a wide open machine in areas with little to no trash. So I have the disc wide open, accepting -40 to 95.
That way I can listen to what is in the ground and see it on the spectra-graph, and decide to dig or not. Got some really nice coins, many foreign, in the 20's (TID).
Also relics and other small stuff, jewelry and can slaw, too, will fall into this range, too. Digging them up and put it in the bin.
If I have a short time span I use some more disc.
To me the way is the goal, and with that I like it to detect and dig. And I try to get no big iron.
IMHO
 
Last edited:
If I for example edit coins and jewelry into yahoo program and name it that can I someway have both yahoo and coins and jewelry in that quick programs list?
 
If I for example edit coins and jewelry into yahoo program and name it that can I someway have both yahoo and coins and jewelry in that quick programs list?
I do not know how building programs on a v3I works and what you are able to do with programs list. I still use the VX3 which has less features.
May be someone else will chime in.
 
Right now I'm just using j&c program as my test bed trying to get things like audio where I like them but also more important settings to do best for my location and hunting.
2 steps forward 1 step back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom