Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for 3 hours today in Baltimore City and had finds from modern back to the 1800s. Silver showed up as a '44P war nickel and a '45D quarter; hadn't dug a silver quarter in quite awhile. Button back reads "Extra Quality". Best find of the hunt is the DEGREMONT fashion token. Famous South American violinist of the latter half of the 19th century, Maurice D'Engremont, was involved with a line of mens and boys clothing. The obverse of the token show Dengremont with violin and bow, while the reverse has a figure trailing a banner that reads "Fashions for Spring 1887".
IMG_7949.JPGIMG_7950.JPGIMG_7953.JPG

Upvote 28
Nice job!! That token is very cool!

Holy moly your rollin sweet token and silver

Now, there's one I've never seen before! Love it!!

Iowa Dale

Thanks Iowa Dale. Thought I had an 'old' coin there, but still very happy with this unusual token.

Thanks Don. This spot has produced some great finds for me. Now about that history.....I haven't found much as to where this line of clothing was made, sold, how long and who struck the brass tokens.

Thanks Tommy. Parks opened back up to detecting on Sept. 1st. You see I didn't waste any time getting back in.

Thanks Bob. That token was one of those deep, high-tones that yells, "DIG ME"!

Thanks Johncoho. Stuck with my plan: picked and area of the park and gridded it.

Great research on the impressive token.

Really cool token !!! Congrats on digging it and thanks for sharing it !!!

Thanks invent4hir. Apparently D'Engremont was a child prodigy with the violin. Hope to dig up more, but this is somewhat obscure.

Hi, nice token you found. Congrats:icon_thumright:

Nice finds. You're really killing the silver in the area, especially with the concrete ground.

Very cool old token with some Silver in the mix is a very good hunt. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back