Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlw67 said:
Those are nice.

Do you know the maker or pattern name?

Did you ever sell them?
i know nothing about them but if you wnat closer picts i will take them. and i have not sold them

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
What makes depression glassware valued or sought after? I've heard this before and never understood the reason.

kenb

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
most of the depression glassware was given away in bags of flour and corn meal during the depression and it took a LOT of bags to get a complete set of anything......its kinda like baseball cards.....buying a bunch of packs to get a set

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MartyG said:
most of the depression glassware was given away in bags of flour and corn meal during the depression and it took a LOT of bags to get a complete set of anything......its kinda like baseball cards.....buying a bunch of packs to get a set
thanks i didnt know that either

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
I knew those looked familiar--those are by Imperial. Imperial didn't have a name for the pattern but simply called them the "637/3 candlestick". Ref: Hazel Marie Weatherman's "Colored Glassware of the Depression Era 2", page 159. Collectors call the pattern "Twisted Optic". Imperial called that color "Rose Marie".

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Depression glass From Wikipedia

Depression glass
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Depression glass is clear or colored translucent glassware that was distributed free, or at low cost, in the United States around the time of the Great Depression. The Quaker Oats Company, and other food manufacturers and distributors, put a piece of glassware in boxes of food, as an incentive to purchase. Movie theaters and businesses would hand out a piece simply for coming in the door.

Most of this glassware was made in the central and mid-west United States, where access to raw materials and power made manufacturing inexpensive in the first half of the twentieth century. More than twenty manufacturers made more than 100 patterns, and entire dinner sets were made in some patterns. Common colors are clear, or crystal; pink, pale blue, green, and amber. Less common colors include yellow, jadeite (opaque pale green), delphite (opaque pale blue), cobalt blue, red, black, and white.

Depression glass has become a very popular collectible. Scarce pieces may sell for several hundred dollars. Some manufacturers continued to make popular patterns after World War II, or introduced similar patterns, which are also collectible. Popular and expensive patterns and pieces have been reproduced, and reproductions are still being made.

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pattern name is Diana , made by Federal Glass Co. , 1937 - 1941 .Nice find !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread