Whitmans Folder was FULL!

T

TreasureTales

Whitman's Folder was FULL!

You know those blue Whitman Coin Folders? I bought one for 50 cents at a yard sale. It was a cent folder for the years 1941-1960. It was nearly full when I bought it. It had 38 cents in it, 34 of which were wheaties!!! It was as though the yard sale person PAID ME to take it!!! I didn't find any double-die error coins, but it had some nice wheaties that would probably grade VF.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Whitman's Folder was FULL!

:o Nice Find! Sometimes I wonder about people selling Money at garage sales! Not complaining, just wondering! :D

Joe

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID

Yep it's surprising what some peps will sell at a yard sale. I bought 3 Harris folders, dime, nickle and cent. Two dollars each. The dime folder started at 1946 and was full to 1964, yea thats right all silver rosies. I don't rember the dates for the nickle or cent but they were also full. They are in my collection now. HH Stan...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At the local antique mall one of the coin dealers had a huge stack of about 50 coin folders priced at $1 each. One of them still had 10 silver washington quarters left in it :)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buscadero said:
b6: I hope you scarfed that folder up rather quickly!

HH Joe

Haha, heck yeah I did. I bought like 3 or 4 others as well and placed it in the middle of the pile. I didn't want them feeling how heavy it was and checking in it to see coins and then call the dealer and inform them of this.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sometimes i think well, & then I just don't know about those folks ;D

Fossis..................

Top Member Reactions