vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to XP METAL DETECTORS for more exposure.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please explain what you mean by "a hard time getting depth" so maybe we can give some advice.

In what types of situations? What settings are you using and when? What are you hunting for? How familiar are you with detecting in general? Is this a Deus-specific issue and you don't have the same issues with other detectors when used in the same situations?

Give as many specifics as you can to help us give you suggestions. The Deus is an extremely capable machine in many ways, including depth, so it just takes understanding the capabilities, what settings to use, and how to interpret what you're hearing/seeing.

OP
OP
J

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
I’ve tried different programs Lowered the recovery speed increased sensitivity Seem to get the best depth with program two Doing a little better now have gotten as deep as 5 inches but not nearly as deep as my equinox 800

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to admit I never use programs one or two but have done well using the rest of them, although I stick to the hot program most of the time although that can take some getting used to.

There's so many variables that could be affecting depth (both ground conditions and settings) it's hard to give any meaningful advice, especially since the Deus has so many available customizations, but be assured the Deus will go as deep as your 800 or any other detector once you get the hang of it. Using both the X35 11" and 9" HF coils I regularly find targets at 8 to 10 inches and more depending on the program and frequency, sometimes very small targets even when surrounded by lots of hot rocks, trash, and rusty iron.

Even if you set the recovery speed as low as it can go the Deus is a very fast machine. Keep experimenting with the different programs. The pre-set programs were very well thought out and should work well even without using the expert settings, at least until you get the hang of it.

If you haven't already, read The Deus Handbook by Andy Sabisch. Lots of worthwhile tips.

OP
OP
J

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks I’ll keep Experimenting I love the machine and I’m enjoying it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions