Depth question

Metal detectors detect only the surface area of a metal target. If the box is buried in the up position at about 24" deep use at least a 12" coil. If it's buried on it's side than an 8" coil may detect it if it has been in the ground for at least a year. A lot depends on the depth and how long it was buried. It's best to use at least a 12" coil. ::)

Well Since I can pick up a BEER CAN, at 33" no sweat, with my Sovereign / 18" W.O.T. Combo. , I'd say I could find it at least 4 feet. Just a rough, Guesstimate tho' . Like Blazer says tho, time in the ground has alot to do with it.

So if I were to use a Garrett Ace 250....think I might have a shot at finding it? Gonna order it tonight ;D

Oh yeah......the box has been in the ground maybe 2 yrs...3 tops.

Hey Zeke, let us know what you get out of that box. I've found a couple buried ammo boxes in my time, nothing in them and dang hard digging to get them out what with roots and all. Why would anyone bury empty ammo boxes? ARGHHH!!

Zeke said:
So if I were to use a Garrett Ace 250....think I might have a shot at finding it? Gonna order it tonight ;D

Oh yeah......the box has been in the ground maybe 2 yrs...3 tops.
? ? ? ANYTHING IS POSSABLE ZEKE, go extra slow, with minimum discrimination. if you don't locate it that way, go to all metal & try again. if still no hit & your still confident it's there, Buy a larger Coil & repeat the above process. GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING.; Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back