What's new

detecting farm

whitesunset

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am new to forum, but have always loved to read them for tips. I have a late 1800's farmhouse that is on our property that to my knowledge has never been detected except by me for the last 9 years. I have used 4 different detectors over the years but no luck except to find a wheat penny here and there. Is there a good reason why I haven't found any old coins etc..I try to do all the right things, but it's as if nothings there. Yesterday tho I did find a diamond back rattler around 4-5 inches around and at least 5-6 feet long (absolutely the truth) and that ended my search. Any help appreciated. Have fun hunting....... :BangHead:
 

Attachments

  • p-5436.webp
    p-5436.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 557
Walkways, fence lines, around large trees and along walls are usually good spots
 
check everywhere. Kind of cold for snake. was he sunbathing,being as cold as it was I dont think he would of been too motivated.
 
If there is an old apple orchard try there kids spilled their pockets climbing the trees and the apple pickers riped old buttons off their coats.
Thanks Gary
 
First, what kind of machines have you been using? I know a lot of people disagree with me and say if you put your coil over it, you will find it, but that's just not true. If that were true, parks would have been hunted out 20 years ago.

Second, some yards just don't have much in them. I've hunted yards with hundreds of coins and 10+ silver and other yards that you can't get a single wheat penny out of. It's just random luck of the draw when it comes to yards.
 
Don't know how much discrimination you're using. But, don't use too much of it. I usually dig everything above iron on old homesites. Also, start digging those iffy signals.

-Swartzie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom