What's new

Detecting Florida Keys

Summerville Joe

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Will be leaving for the Florida Keys Friday morning. Are there any beaches or park areas to metal detect on any of the Keys? Have had people tell me not to waste my time taking my detector. Thanks for any help.

Summerville Joe
 
Check the Shipwreck forum here on Tnet. I think there was a recent thread about the very same topic by Bikerlawyer.
 
I was there a few weeks ago and didn't get out as much as I wanted but did have some luck at the public beach on the south side of the island. Nothing fancy, all clad, but found enough to pay for the parking meters!

Also found some unusual stuff like cans of food someone had buried?

Lots of targets to dig though, much more than over here on the Treasure coast!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom