detecting for a living?

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Upvote 0

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Not everyone relys on finding diamonds, gold, rare coins etc. as with my friend who does make good money searching in the coastal waters off Florida he says it would be great if he did find those things, but do you know how many people lose boat anchors let alone other items off their boats? more then you think. One found boat anchor for him makes his day, he sells them as fast as he can find them. A cheap anchor say one for 100 dollars
and that is cheap as I had a fairly laege boat in Florida and I know what those things cost, he sell for 40 dollars
and thats an average and he does this day in and day out. Now a single guy with his own boat and likes that
kind of life can surely live on that, and if you do happen to hit the big one great. But its not the daily find of diamonds and gold thats going to make a living for you but it is the icing on the cake. If anyone out there ever gets to Kissimmee, go to the Big Toho Marina and ask for Pat, if he's there I'm sure he'll be more then happy
to talk to you about his "Treasure Hunting". That seems to be his home port when he's not out MD'ing.
HH Bob.B

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Mufreesboro about 10 years ago with a friend that lived in Arkansas. We dug at the Crater of the DIamonds for a day (boring!). I din't find anything. As I was leaving, I stopped by the cleaning and sorting table for the gravels. A lady was moving some gravel arund and I heard her say to another as I was moving by, " What is a diamond supposed to look like anyway"? I stopped and looked at her gravels, reached in and pointed to a rock and said, it looks just like this. We pulled that little diamond out and she says to me. Well, you found it, so it's yours. She would not keep it. SO, she gave it to me and I graciously accepted it. I still have it today. If I get a chance, I'll post a pick of it, it's 21 points. From what I understand, this was a decent size for that field. In inches, that about 1/8" x 1/8" x 1/8". :o

D

Diane L.

I never saw a just newly dug diamond,You always see rocks that are polished and that takes away the real look of what it is your looking for fresk from the ground..This is true in rocks and Meteorites also!
Any body know of site on the internet that show good un-polished rocks please let me know you can send an email or respond on this insert. Thankyou Diane L.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread