Detecting Pounded Sites Is Really Fun But Not Too Rewarding

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was swinging away at 6:30 this morning to beat the heat. I decided to give the Deeptech Warrior a try at a pounded site that wasn't on a busy and noisy street. It was smooth sailing and it was a lot of fun, but I didn't find anything worth mentioning. I found that the Warrior works best with the Deus wired Backphones and not running it at full throttle.

At the second site I decided to use my Deus with my homemade full cup headphones that have the Deus speakers installed. They knock out most all of the surrounding noise and give a clean crisp audio tone. I needed those because the site was located on a busy street. I've hunted this site numerous times before.

My first target was a V Nickel, it gave a funky audio and bouncy ID numbers. It might have been on edge. This is my 3rd or 4th V Nickel for the year. My next target was a gold plated earring with fake diamonds. It sure sounded good though. My third good target was a piece of sterling silver. I was somewhat surprised when I got a 93 ID number and soft audio tone, because I couldn't believe that I could have missed it on previous hunts.

I also found 4 wheat pennies, a few clad coins and a BUNCH of junk. I'm really having fun going back over sites that I've pounded using different detectors and search coils. But it's getting about time for some virgin ground.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2268.JPG
    IMG_2268.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    764.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2271.JPG
    IMG_2271.JPG
    321.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2274.JPG
    IMG_2274.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still you had a very nice hunt with some good finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still you had a very nice hunt with some good finds! :occasion14:
Thanks! It's a challenge to find something good at a pounded site. That's what makes it fun. I do much better when I SLOW down and concentrate.

tabman

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Cheer up tab! You found silver and a v nickel. Probably better than the average day for the average TNet member. Nice!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. It’s always nice to get out and hunt after a long winter. It’s still early in the year for this hobby. You’re just getting started tabman. Silver and V nickel? That’s always good in my book. Congrats.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what is still out there. I hit an old church last year and pulled a Morgan out, and I learned afterwards that a couple of guys had recently been out there with their MDs for a couple of days. Good work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread