What's new

1810 Over 1809 Large cent

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided on a last minute hunt at an old house site I’ve hunted many times, but it was windy and very cold so I’d already decided this would be a short hunt. About 5 minutes in I get a nice high tone on my Deus II and dig it and this little beauty popped out. It’s a good thing I found her early in the hunt because 10 minutes later I had to quit because of the cold. The coin is in nice shape for having been in the ground so long, I wish they all came out like this.
IMG_3743.webp
IMG_3742.webp
 
Upvote 46
Decided on a last minute hunt at an old house site I’ve hunted many times, but it was windy and very cold so I’d already decided this would be a short hunt. About 5 minutes in I get a nice high tone on my Deus II and dig it and this little beauty popped out. It’s a good thing I found her early in the hunt because 10 minutes later I had to quit because of the cold. The coin is in nice shape for having been in the ground so long, I wish they all came out like this.View attachment 2236844View attachment 2236845
Very nice deyail on your LC. The cold weather certainly makes detecting less enjoyable...especially when you can't feel your hands after a while. Congrats on a very nice find.
 
Nice find! Looks like it might an 1810 over 09. :icon_thumright:
 
Well I posted pictures of my coin on a large cent collectors site and was told it is in fact an 1810 over 1809 cent. Thank you guys for the heads up!
 
Very nice deyail on your LC. The cold weather certainly makes detecting less enjoyable...especially when you can't feel your hands after a while. Congrats on a very nice find.
Thank you and yes, it was really cold, especially with the wind.
 
Now that it has been pointed out, I can see the 09 lurking behind the 10. Never knew that existed. Great find!
 
Now that it has been pointed out, I can see the 09 lurking behind the 10. Never knew that existed. Great find!
What you can see the best is the 0 behind the 1
 
Last edited:
Just sold the one I found on EBAY. Congrats
 
Decided on a last minute hunt at an old house site I’ve hunted many times, but it was windy and very cold so I’d already decided this would be a short hunt. About 5 minutes in I get a nice high tone on my Deus II and dig it and this little beauty popped out. It’s a good thing I found her early in the hunt because 10 minutes later I had to quit because of the cold. The coin is in nice shape for having been in the ground so long, I wish they all came out like this.View attachment 2236844View attachment 2236845
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom