Detecting South Korea

Ammietuar

Sep 18, 2005
Suffolk UK
Detector(s) used
MXT/PI Pro/Garrett GS
After only going out a couple times I found out that no one seems to detect in Korea. No Koreans or any one else it seems. I have found lots of good stuff here and plan on detecting as much as humanly possible for the last few months Ill be here. If any one would like to meet up and hit a beach or someplace else just pm me. Ill be leaving in Feb 2009.

T

The.Boomer

Post some pics especially if you do any beach hunting. :wink: :thumbsup: :tongue3:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Ammietuar said:
After only going out a couple times I found out that no one seems to detect in Korea.

I'll bet that in most parts of the ancient world, the locals don't detect. It seems to be a Western thing. Think of all the history and artifacts that are still buried in so many parts of the world. Good Luck :icon_sunny:

Jay

OP
OP
A

Ammietuar

Sep 18, 2005
Suffolk UK
Detector(s) used
MXT/PI Pro/Garrett GS
I have took a few pics, but havent posted any yet. Im really new to slat water beach hunting and definately dont have any thing near the right equipment for it. My MXT absoulty HATES the shallow water and the wet sand, but after playing with it a bit in the wet sand I managed to make the beach pay me.It loves the dry sand though, i can really crank it up if the sand is deep and dry. On 3 trips to 2 different beaches I have managed to pull out 28,030 won in change, thats about 30 bucks US. Also lots of junk jewelry and my first "real" ring. Meaning that it aint junk metal. Its 18k gold and pretty small in size, but it puts all that pot metal and copper stuff i got to shame! Soon Ill try to post some pics.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey THer in S. Korea......but not now.....Really wish I could have found out about you before you left. Are you back in Italy?
I have lived and detected in S. Korea for about 30 years.....and wish I could show you some of the stuff that I have found.
Well, if you ever get back in S. kOrea, please get in touch with me......old, old coins and..............in the hills/mountains of S. Korea.
And, you are right.....only heard of one S. Korean who hunts.....an old guy that hunts the beaches with his wife.....saw him profiled
on a TV program about 2 months ago. He had some stuff, for sure.
Let me know when you are headed back.
(by the way, if you didn't hunt the beaches, where did you hunt? What province? I'm located in Kyeong-gi Do.)
Great hunting where you are now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions