What's new

Detective pin/badge found in backyard

EDavis

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2021
Messages
93
Reaction score
284
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I randomly dug this in my backyard here in Tell City, Indiana. It’s stamped on back 221 Diamond and has W.E.B. Which I know its In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Made late 19th-early 20th century. Problem is I can’t find similar and don’t know how it was used or where it was placed. Anybody?
IMG_2813.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2814.webp
    IMG_2814.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2815.webp
    IMG_2815.webp
    994.4 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 16
I randomly dug this in my backyard here in Tell City, Indiana. It’s stamped on back 221 Diamond and has W.E.B. Which I know its In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Made late 19th-early 20th century. Problem is I can’t find similar and don’t know how it was used or where it was placed. Anybody?
View attachment 2245288
Could it be a toy badge?
 
Could it be a toy badge?
That’s what I thought at first but it has the W.E.B. 221 Diamond which says they was real badge makers in Pittsburgh,PA . Late 19th century to early 20th century. It is small like it went on a collar or something? I can’t find anything matching. Im hoping someone recognizes it somewhere.
 
That’s what I thought at first but it has the W.E.B. 221 Diamond which says they was real badge makers in Pittsburgh,PA . Late 19th century to early 20th century. It is small like it went on a collar or something? I can’t find anything matching. Im hoping someone recognizes it somewhere.
Yeah I did try looking it up and found the info you found. Like you said maybe a lapel pin.
Cool backyard find though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom