What's new

Detector Got Wet

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever dunked a detector ? Was the result always Death ?

No I didn't but I know a fellow who just did, and was kind of wondering what is the survival rate ? It was an F5
 
Yes. I've a surfmaster2 for about 10 years, 3 times i was careless (dirt on the seal) and it leaked and quit. Each time I removed the batteries, rinsed it inside with fresh clean water, then laid it in the hot sun untill thoroughly dry. Each time it worked after reinstalling new batteries. I still have it and it still works. THIS WAS IN FRESH WATER, don't know about salt water. Maybe i'm just lucky don't know.
 
dale68 said:
Yes. I've a surfmaster2 for about 10 years, 3 times i was careless (dirt on the seal) and it leaked and quit. Each time I removed the batteries, rinsed it inside with fresh clean water, then laid it in the hot sun untill thoroughly dry. Each time it worked after reinstalling new batteries. I still have it and it still works. THIS WAS IN FRESH WATER, don't know about salt water. Maybe i'm just lucky don't know.

Thanks Dale, that is good to know, and encouraging. It was fresh water too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom