Detector/Metal Scoop on Airplane Question

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

I'm traveling to Aruba soon, and I wanted to try water detecting. First, I was wondering if any of you may know if it's okay to detect? I've seen many people doing it down there, but I still want to make sure it's not against the law (I would be in front of my resort in the high-rise hotel area, where I've seen many people detecting at over the years).

My last question is:
how do I pack my metal detector?
Carry-on or check bag?
What is the best way for the airliner to allow the bag to go through without questioning it or making me take it out and set it up/turn it on to show what it is?

I'm just trying to avoid the annoyance of having to go through that at the airport. I just want it to simply be packed and go through according to the airlines rules. I will also check up with the actual airline themselves, but I figured there's no better place to ask than all of you.

Thanks for your help.

BrettCo

Upvote 0

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IVE HAD A FEW TEES MADE UP WITH THIS PIC AND I TELL THEM - TREASURE HUNTER - UNDERWATER DETECTOR
AND THEY USUALLY NOD - I ONLY POINT AT MY SHIRT IF I SEE PUZZLEMENT
6992076442_ec279cd140_b.JPG
I HAVE ONE OF ME IN THE WATER WITH MY CZ21 AND RINGS AROUND THE BORDER
AND I HAVE A RELIC ONE I DID - ALL SAY "METAL DETECTING - IT'S FANTASTIC!!!"
GOOD CONVERSATION STARTERS AND IF YOU WEAR SMETHING LIKE THAT - YOU MAY GET ALOT OF
SUGGESTIONS FOR PLACES TO GO AND A FEW PERMISSIONS - IVE GOTTEN TO MAKE A FEW RETURNS TOO FROM PEOPLE SEEING
SHIRT AND ASKING IF I CAN FIND SOMETHING FOR THEM

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread