Detector Pro Gray Ghost Deep Woods with F-70 or F-75?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone using a set of Deed Woods headphones successfully with a F-75 (or F-70)? They have no outside adjustments and I would like to make sure this blessing isn't also a curse before I invest in a pair.

Gray_Ghost_Deep_Woods_Phones.jpg

I think the Black Widow's would be much better for you. People have different hearing requirements. I hear some tones better in the other ear. Having total control is the way to go as not everyone hears the same.
Black Widow.jpg

Have a pair of the Black Widows already - excellent but hot, heavy, vulnerable to getting bumped and blowing my eardrums when I switch from main coil to probe. I think I have the noise limiter switch disabled; because I about screamed the first time that happened when I put them on my upgraded F-75. Never used to do that.

They also weigh about as much as my F-75 detector! I bought the Widows for my audio-only Musketeer Advantage. Like the Cones of Silence - you hear no ambient noise. I have seen feet and looked up to find someone talking at me that I could not hear at all.

I also have a single-earpiece Rattler. What I am looking for is something with an earpiece that size on both sides and without a bunch of exposed knobs and switches that have to be checked for operation each use.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back