What's new

Detector stopped working yesterday

Tuberale

Gold Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
5,780
Reaction score
3,459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Took my new White's Coinmaster Pro out yesterday for an hour or so after I went to my athletic club. Noticed the detector was almost constantly talking, regardless of whether it was in all metal or discrimination mode. Finall, about 40 minutes into the hunt, the thing went to a constant low-level tone rather suddenly.

So I stopped, and started looking for what was wrong. Earphones working right? Yep. Batteries in? Yep. Meter operating? Oh yeah.

Suddenly noticed my cable from the coil had separated from the box! Put back on and screwed it on tight. Started finding targets again right away. Simple fix, but never seen that happen on a detector before.

Anyone else had that happen?
 
Haven't had that particular problem, but my headphones have a selector switch and I've bumped that the wrong way and immediately THOUGHT I had a dead detector. Also, I've had several instances when the batteries were near dead when the detector seemingly went beserk, but easily fixed with fresh batteries.
luvsdux
 
I sometimes turn off my detector when I'm just walking between areas I want to detect. I've started swinging before I turned it back on a couple times. I can cover a lot of ground when I'm not slowed down by signals.
 
I hate to admit this, but I hunted an entire small beach once with my descrimination turned all the way up. Needless to say, I left that small beach thinking, "Man, that was the cleanest beach I ever hunted!" :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom