Deus 2 - Hide that ugly antenna wire - I hate wires on shafts...

geneg

Greenie
Apr 2, 2013
St Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
ETrac, 5900 DI Pro SL, 6000 DI Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did you shorten the antenna wire or just push it all up in the shaft?

geneg

Greenie
Apr 2, 2013
St Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
ETrac, 5900 DI Pro SL, 6000 DI Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using the Simplex lower carbon shaft modified for the coil. I would like to not see all the wire either.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that way...

In any case, if anyone has tried this mod, I'd really like to know the size of the hole needed for that wire to pass through. I'm designing a Deus 2 shaft, and am thinking about including a hole in the remote-control mount, similar to this mod, but I don't have a Deus 2 in hand right now, so if anyone knows of the hole size needed to allow that wire and its "connector" to pass through, I'd appreciate it...

Steve
Break out the calipers or micrometer, or even cut a piece of card stock and cut a notch to fit. Might I suggest a grommet if you're worried about the jacket on the cable wearing.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Break out the calipers or micrometer, or even cut a piece of card stock and cut a notch to fit. Might I suggest a grommet if you're worried about the jacket on the cable wearing.
boogeyman -- I don't have a D2 to measure, unfortunately...

jerseybones

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
So did you shorten the antenna wire or just push it all up in the shaft?
Folded it , put some heat shrink over the wear spots I ran mine up through the existing drain hole in the bottom of the shaft. Dremeled a hole through the r/c mount on an angle the mounting tab on the wire fit through with a little wiggling and put some Heat shrink in that spot also . Used the fact mount on the coil for easy removal for cleaning,tons of fine black sand by me. Can still collapse rod all the way . Works great so far 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions