Deus 2 Pairing question

C3plants

Oct 17, 2022
Upon opening a brand new box is the coil already paired to the puck or do you have to always pair the new coil and puck?

I guess the same question goes for the Deus 2 with the larger LCD unit. Basically, are new units already paired right out of the box?

I'm asking because I purchased a new Deus 2 and I suspect that it may have been used based on a few different things. This being my first XP purchase I have no idea how to tell if what I received and how I received it is normal for XP products. Thanks!

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, whatever version you order comes already paired. The only instance in which you need to pair a coil is when you buy another coil or if you were to buy the RC, then those would need to be paired to your existing equipment.

OP
OP
C

C3plants

Oct 17, 2022
Yes, whatever version you order comes already paired. The only instance in which you need to pair a coil is when you buy another coil or if you were to buy the RC, then those would need to be paired to your existing equipment.
Thank you

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upon opening a brand new box is the coil already paired to the puck or do you have to always pair the new coil and puck?

I guess the same question goes for the Deus 2 with the larger LCD unit. Basically, are new units already paired right out of the box?

I'm asking because I purchased a new Deus 2 and I suspect that it may have been used based on a few different things. This being my first XP purchase I have no idea how to tell if what I received and how I received it is normal for XP products. Thanks!
Note: The only thing that would require pairing would be the headphones and the pin pointer.
Read the manual over, it explains it somewhat well. (I have had a few :icon_scratch: moments as well)
Congrats on the purchase. :headbang:
Suggestion is just start in the basic general program #1 till you get a feel of what is what.
Not knowing what type of sites you hunt the #'s will be a deciding factor what to dig or not.

OP
OP
C

C3plants

Oct 17, 2022
Note: The only thing that would require pairing would be the headphones and the pin pointer.
Read the manual over, it explains it somewhat well. (I have had a few :icon_scratch: moments as well)
Congrats on the purchase. :headbang:
Suggestion is just start in the basic general program #1 till you get a feel of what is what.
Not knowing what type of sites you hunt the #'s will be a deciding factor what to dig or not.
Thanks! I was able to take it out yesterday. Put it in the general progarm and the first spot i dug was a 1917 wheat penny. I decided to take it to a cellar hole that I've hit a million times with my Ace 250. I found a seated 1861 Half Dollar there previously and a bunch of other goodies but the amount of iron made it impossible and I havent found anything there in a long time. I put the deus in the fast program and holy shit, there is stuff everywhere! Within a few minutes I found a civil war button! Its amazing how this thing can see in-between the iron. That particular button had about 5 square nails around it but its signal was clear as day. Excited about this machine and can't wait to get back out there and hit all those sites I found that were just too trashy to hunt!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks! I was able to take it out yesterday. Put it in the general progarm and the first spot i dug was a 1917 wheat penny. I decided to take it to a cellar hole that I've hit a million times with my Ace 250. I found a seated 1861 Half Dollar there previously and a bunch of other goodies but the amount of iron made it impossible and I havent found anything there in a long time. I put the deus in the fast program and holy shit, there is stuff everywhere! Within a few minutes I found a civil war button! Its amazing how this thing can see in-between the iron. That particular button had about 5 square nails around it but its signal was clear as day. Excited about this machine and can't wait to get back out there and hit all those sites I found that were just too trashy to hunt!
Well done on the outing, and being able to wake up the site once again.
I truly believe it's a true and tested method of seeing how good a machine is to go to the iron laden sites that a person has beat to death.
Kind of like making the old new again in some great ways.
I have many similar sites where I thought the sites were depleted of all non-ferrous.
Then working them again with the Deus ll it has been fun digging at them again.

I have not tried the fast program for any real length of time as of yet on these sites.
It's worth a try that's for sure to see if I can squeak out another few targets.

Best of luck on the next outing.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Congrats.
The D2 from a ace 250 is like going from a Prius to Lamborghini lol.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT POSTS I love reading posts like this :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread