Deus II shaft project -- it's official "WAIT LIST" time...

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

With the final injection mold associated with the Deus II shaft project (for the locking remote control mount) now entering the production process, the project is nearing completion. I expect this final mold to be complete in about 6 weeks, give or take, with the molded mounts then arriving a couple of weeks later. With the production of all other parts needed to begin building the first batch of shafts already in progress, I am ready at this time to begin to assemble a formal “wait list” for folks who are interested in purchasing.

At first, these shafts will be of one main configuration, with a couple of optional add-ons available.

MAIN CONFIGURATION: This shaft configuration will be available at an introductory price of $229 plus shipping ($20 shipping within the lower 48 states; additional for Alaska/Hawaii customers, and international shipments). This configuration will consist of be a black, three-piece, collapsible carbon-fiber shaft, with locking remote-control mount, and custom carbon-fiber arm cuff.

ADD-ON #1 -- For an additional $20, the shaft can be produced in a “counterweight-ready” configuration (that would allow it to be used with one of my carbon-fiber counterweights, to improve the balance of the shaft)

ADD-ON #2 -- For an additional $20, the shaft can be produced to allow the antenna cable to be run inside the shaft; the antenna would enter through an oval opening on the underside of the lower rod, and exit through an oval opening on the middle shaft section, just “forward” of the handle. Note that when the antenna wire is being used in the “inside the shaft” manner, the wire protruding/exiting from the middle shaft section will prevent the collapse of the middle shaft back through the handle (i.e. into fully collapsed “transport” mode). The wire would have to be retracted back into the inside of the middle shaft section, for full shaft collapse.

I have many customers’ names tentatively included on an “unofficial” wait list at this point. Though some will likely not follow through for inclusion on the “official” list, the number of names may still exceed the number of shafts being produced in the first production run (32 shafts). Still, subsequent production runs will follow quickly on the heels of the first run, and so I welcome anyone with interest to have your name added to the wait list. EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED YOUR INTEREST TO ME IN THE PAST, please confirm with me that you would like to be added to the “official” list. The list will be first come, first served, UNLESS you have already been added to the “unofficial” list, in which case your place in line WOULD be maintained.

To confirm your interest in being placed on the wait list, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL at [email protected]. ONLY an email to my email address, will be counted as a request to be placed on the list.

Thank you very much, to all of those who have expressed interest, and a particular thank you to those who urged me to pursue the project, who offered suggestions and improvements along the way, and to those who gave of their time to field-test the shaft and help bring it to its current, advanced stage of development. I am VERY pleased with how this shaft has turned out, with numerous improvements – some small, and some more subtle – that have been incorporated into the design. I think the shaft will be well-received, and highly regarded.

THANKS!

Steve Goss
www.stevesdetectorrods.com
email: [email protected]

DeusCollapsed(small).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions