Deus Shafts -- first production run is in progress...

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The final shipment of parts arrived today -- the mounts and middle-shaft tubes.

I had assembled several shafts over the weekend, with what parts I had available, and was waiting for the shipment today. Once it arrived, and I inspected everything, I'm happy to announce that everything is a "GO" for the first production run of 32 shafts.

I assembled one shaft entirely; with two caveats in mind -- 1). that my shafts are longer than the stock shaft (and thus a tad heavier than they would otherwise be), and 2). 1 that I've redistributed 20% of the shaft's weight to the "back end" of the shaft (in the arm cuff), making it a better-BALANCED shaft than the stock offering, the shaft STILL compares favorably with the stock XP shaft, weighing in at 16.61 ounces (471 grams).

I'd also like to note that custom lengths ARE possible, which -- if you don't need the extra length -- can reduce weight slightly. And please keep in mind that if "balance" is an issue for you with the machine (especially with one of the larger coils attached increasing the nose-heaviness), I CAN make these shafts counterweight-ready (so that anyone who feels they may need it, can utilize my counterweighting system that has been extremely popular with Equinox users).

I expect to be shipping shafts to customers over the latter half of the week, so the wait is nearly over!

Here are some pictures; thanks to everyone for your patience through this long process!

Thanks!

D2-1(reduced).jpg

D2-2(reduced).JPG

D2-3(reduced).jpg

D2-4(reduced).jpg

D2-5(reduced).jpg

D2-6(reduced).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread