Deus thoughts after a couple weeks (hunting 3 days)...

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I know it is not much time on it, but I work more than breathe........

My thoughts:

1. This thing is light!! Compact and easy to use if not changing to much.

2. End of the day yesterday I tried my new Chefphones CP6 headphones and let me tell you, this is a whole new machine! I hear SOOOOO much better the tones and different freqs, and faint ones, before with the headbands, I heard tones but let say only 45% of them and they all was close to my ears in freq. I hate to think of what I left in the ground, now I gotta go back to the places and redetect them......(LOL dang the bad luck! LOL).

3. Piggybacks to above, with the full headphones, all the dang programs (Stock n Custom) I was swapping around, might have been great but due to my crappy hearing and the headbands, thought differently, gonna revisit all the programs.

4. There is not enough hours in a day, I go out ALL day detecting, sometimes 2 days a week if off. and it ALWAYS seems as if I just get started and it is dinner time.....Time flies. I need to become wealthy so I can retire and detect everyday! Anyone got a retirement fund I can borrow?

5. I need more time using my baby, I feel like things are falling into place for the first time because of the full headphones, where I was thinking this sucks and not very clear, I know now it is/was me! that last hour was the greatest, not in finds (I had a great one, a 1920's crackerjack cufflink) but in becoming one with the machine, I swear I was trying to decide if I could go buy a flashlight and continue into the dark......

6. Lastly, I wish to hell that XP or someone would make a stand for the Deus, I mean to design a 2000 buck detector and no stand, seems dumb to me, oh sure there is tiny lil feet on the cuff, but 99% of the time the base of the hand grip sits on the ground, not the feet...AM I the only one who sees this?

OK Deus newby out!

Jim

colebear

Feb 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had about an hour on my since we're still snowed in but, I was a little disappointed by how chattery the machine was. It also was hitting REALLY hard on thin tin flakes so I dug a bunch of trash on Full tone setting. Sounds like I need to get some better headphones to run with it (mine came with the remote and standard band headphones) and spend a bunch more time on it. Hope it starts coming around for me.

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only had about an hour on my since we're still snowed in but, I was a little disappointed by how chattery the machine was. It also was hitting REALLY hard on thin tin flakes so I dug a bunch of trash on Full tone setting. Sounds like I need to get some better headphones to run with it (mine came with the remote and standard band headphones) and spend a bunch more time on it. Hope it starts coming around for me.

The headphones made a world of diff for me, the Chefphones are cheap and work great. Chattery sounds like a setting or 2 off (LOL listen to me the 3 day expert....) I also have got a few programs and now I need to re check them now with the headphones.

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha i think not 100% but I think u both have the programs I sent

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If it's too "chattery"
check ground balance.

Make sure your firing it up with coil pointing away from ground or metal objects.

Even lower sensitivity little but at a time until your ok with background noise.

Stick to one factory program (basic one is great for us coins) and learn it before adjusting too much.
It's a razor sharp lighting fast machine that will make you happy if you take it slow.
Also, Andy Sabisch book is very informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sleepyjim

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's too "chattery"
check ground balance.

Make sure your firing it up with coil pointing away from ground or metal objects.

Even lower sensitivity little but at a time until your ok with background noise.

Stick to one factory program (basic one is great for us coins) and learn it before adjusting too much.
It's a razor sharp lighting fast machine that will make you happy if you take it slow.
Also, Andy Sabisch book is very informative.

Did not have chatty issues, mostly poor hearing and the CP6's took care of that....

Basic1 did not fare well in my area at all......

Agree Andys book is a must!

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt do well with Basic 1 in my área either I liked gm more

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh gm power was the one i liked out of the stock programs, tones were good speed,all of it mayb it was the detectors I used in the past that made this program more easy to understand not sure but I do know its a,great machine & worth the time to learn

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok. Looks like Gm power differs from basic one by disc at 6.8 vs 10 for basic one and Gm power has iron volume at three where basic one is zero. Then frequency at 18 vs 12khz
Goes to show how small changes make big differences as i believe changes to reactivity and silencer have the biggest affect on sweep speed and overall feel.
I chased too many small aluminum pieces at 18k.
(You guys have me wanting those chief phones now ;)
Dang you!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread