DFX programs

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mack, you gota spend some time with the Diggging Deeper with the DFX book and learn how all the options function and interact. Not a turn on and go kind of a machine but one that can deal with a lot of different issues at a site .. unfortunately you gota learn how it works and it's a lot to lean.. on page 57 and my brain is kind of full.. going to need to read this book at least 2 times before it will all sink in.. . .In Motion-Mode, the effect of GROUND FILTERING allows the VDI number of a target to be determined without a two-step Procedure. The Filtering or "Separation" of the ground mineralization signal from the target..... good stuff but a lot to absorb if you are in a hurry..

Looking at the High VDI silver coin program in DDwtDFX it is a 3kHz only config (which makes perfect sense) all the important settings that will need to be adjusted for your particular site say (Set to stable operation) meaning follow the procedures to get the max sensitivity and stable operation.
Plug in the program of your choice and see how it works! Make sure you save it to one of the 4 eeprom spots so you don't have to key it in again..

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's already got 4 programs saved

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally do not use any of the preset programs in my DFX. I have a modified C&J program that I run the majority of the time. I have been experimenting with mixed mode some but haven't used it much.

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of my hunting is in a dig everything environment so like pescadore I modified my C&J program to except everything from O to +94 and use it most of the time.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello MackDog,

"Airscapes" is correct you have to learn what every setting will do and how they interact with each other. The big ones are: Gain, AC sensitivity, DC sensitivity, Sweep speed, Ground filters, frequency selection and processing type (i.e. best data...etc.). Change these settings while experimenting in your "test bed" and in the field, with time they will be second nature to you.

Regards,

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally do not use any of the preset programs in my DFX. I have a modified C&J program that I run the majority of the time. I have been experimenting with mixed mode some but haven't used it much.

What kind of depth are you getting

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm hoping my 40 years of detecting will help me make a fast transaction to other progams on the DFX. i'VE READ DIGGING DEEPER WITH THE dfx

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Fox's DFX program for mine on the DFX only website and it works really well in my area, i air test at 12" on a quarter. Here is a nice instructional video when it comes to programing discrimination Blocks. Head over to the DFXonly.com website and look for programs tailored for your area. Your key to depth is AC sens 70 or higher DC sens 40 or higher preamp 3-4 try 4, if EMI kills you back down on sens first then preamp! Try making the above adjustments first on the preset programs and see if they work well in your area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An awesome booklet is called DFX, Spectrum and XLT Best custom Programs by John A. Harris He seems to know what he is talking about.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where can you get one MD?

To order from back of book says send $10 (includes shipping and handling to)

John A. Harris, D.C.
PO Box 808
Concordville, Pa 19331

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread