Diamond Stud, Colonial Chinese coin, large Barrel Hoop, and a Horseshoe

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the NE on the Long Island coast I'm happy to kick off the 2022 metal detecting season! Deer and waterfowl hunting season is over, the snow has melted, and temps are just above freezing so that I can safely wade into tick infested shrubbery.

Found my first diamond stud and it's a brilliant one. Mixed in with similar sized quartz pebbles near the surface. Older raised gold mounting no backing clip, only registered an 8 on the Nox 800 with 11" coil. Near a trail head. Expect to find more earrings as women struggle to keep those masks on. Giving to my daughter for St. Val Day.

Found my second ever Chinese coin near 10" deep into the forest floor. It registered a 17. Also a large and forged barrel hoop and horseshoe. Looking forward to getting out there. Also looking forward to seeing other's finds.

Attachments

• tres250.jpg
    tres250.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 80
  • tres251.jpg
    tres251.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 64
  • tres253.jpg
    tres253.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 64
  • tres254.jpg
    tres254.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
  • tres252.jpg
    tres252.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 13

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in the NE on the Long Island coast I'm happy to kick off the 2022 metal detecting season! Deer and waterfowl hunting season is over, the snow has melted, and temps are just above freezing so that I can safely wade into tick infested shrubbery.

Found my first diamond stud and it's a brilliant one. Mixed in with similar sized quartz pebbles near the surface. Older raised gold mounting no backing clip, only registered an 8 on the Nox 800 with 11" coil. Near a trail head. Expect to find more earrings as women struggle to keep those masks on. Giving to my daughter for St. Val Day.

Found my second ever Chinese coin near 10" deep into the forest floor. It registered a 17. Also a large and forged barrel hoop and horseshoe. Looking forward to getting out there. Also looking forward to seeing other's finds.
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

great finds, thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread