jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the way that one Sparkles, I'd get it checked ;)

Sandpiper

Jan 16, 2005
Channel set stones. Looks to be the real thing. Have it checked! Lots of work just to set CZs.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
That doesn't necessarily mean it's not real. I've seen custom rings made w/no markings and have also seen rings that were resized and the markings were cut out of the shank. Have it tested, most reputable jewelers will do at no charge or very minimal. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a suggestion, if you have a small local jewler in your area, take it in & ask him to check it. While your asking him , mention how you came about it. & brag a little how you find alot of rings, with your detector.? I did this & the jewler, gave me his card & asked me to bring all my ring finds in. I now have a jewler , that will , check & give me a verble appraisel, at no charge, at any time. .......... good luck ...;jeff

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
definately have it checked, my anniversary ring has been resized during pregnancy and the marking is long gone.

J

Jim Cal

Great find! Is the gold band stamped inside with any lettering, etc.? If it's real gold I'm guessing they are diamonds. Let us know what you find out. Jim Cal

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Cool ring..WTG. I have to agree with everyone else..GET IT CHECKED!! nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Dave

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Knorrski,

Bobbie and I just picked up a diamond tester on Ebay for under $80.00, If you fiind that you are finding a lot of jewelry with stones in them you might want to pick one up. Its a pretty ring hope they are real
hh

OP
OP
knorrski

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Bigrigs and myself were talking about getting a diamond tester....it would come in handy....Knorrski

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, I am looking forward to finding my first one with my DFX. Congrats.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!! Looks like a man's wedding band I saw in a picture somewhere else! I think its real, but i am no jeweler. Keep it up and HH!

Attachments

• moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • moneysign.jpg
    moneysign.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,695

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
On a cluster ring like that hit it with a UV or black light. If you see some of the stones florescence blue it is a good sign. If you can see some inclusions under magnification (black spots or fractures) also a good sign, though not for value. If the points of the facets meet exactly it is also a good sign. Most CZ's do not have a good cut. Takes too much time. Where the facets meet they will be off on most CZ's. Just some at home hints from your friendly Gemologist.

J

Joe (Memphis)

for sgtfda

I read this about the UV light and ordered a little Streamlight Stylus. It is a neet LITTLE UV light source 390um. For the heck of it I tried it on my mothers old ring (16 small *diamonds*) My question is why did only 4 of them flouress and the others did not? Did Pop get "duped" many years ago?? The flouressing was WAY cool though, the diamonds continued to glow even after the light source was removed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread