What's new

✅ SOLVED Did I find a Meteorite?

mhag68

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 1, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ramona, CA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Found this in San Diego, Ca. I thought it was a really old rusted nut until I got into cleaning it. It is magnetic. The first photo is the way I found it, the 2 others are after doing a light clean. Please let me if you think it is a meteorite? TIA

PXL_20220501_152819373.webp
PXL_20220501_154408609.webp
PXL_20220501_154415292.webp
 
Upvote 4
Solution
Terry is correct. Metal slag. But keep looking. Treasure awaits you.
 
Upvote 0
If the pre historic critters snacked on a bit of iron ore while licking up blood after a kill, then my thought was a petrified turd.🍲
 
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your first post
mhag68. So, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input all. Is metal slag a natural process? Will mark this as Solved!
 
Upvote 0
 
Upvote 0

I am a newbie so forgive my ignorance. I feel stupid as I have worked in Construction for 30+ years and was a fabricator that grew up in a machine shop. I knew that metal slag was per the definition you posted, but, being a newbie, I thought it may have a geological definition......:laughing7:
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom