What's new

Did I find the largest cut coin on a Treasure Coast beach?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
5,576
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, unfortunately I did not. But it was a large find. I've been putting off going down to south Jetty Park in Ft Pierce since the MAJOR beach renourishment. Thought I had a good find, should have known better. I'm guessing this came off of a piece of the earth moving equipment during the project. It sure made a loud and clear signal. Kinda scary since it sounded a lot like the phosphorus bomb warhead I found on the same beach a few years ago.
The renourishment actually seems to be keeping folks off the beach. Saturday 11:30 and the beach was practically empty.
20260627_122829.webp
20260627_122857.webp
 
Upvote 0
Frisbee prototype that's missing the other half?
 
It sure made a loud and clear signal. Kinda scary since it sounded a lot like the phosphorus bomb warhead I found on the same beach a few years ago.
You previously found a phosphorus warhead on that beach? Good Lord, I hope you called 911 and had them send EOD to remove that from the beach. I worked with and built various munitions in the military and one of them were 2.75" rockets with white phosphorus warheads. Those rockets with white phosphorus warheads were designed to be fired at targets as a visual marker for bombers so they'd have a visual mark where they needed to drop their payloads.

White Phosphorus is so nasty that any enemies in the area will wish they were hit directly by the warhead. If the powder gets on your skin, you're gonna know what it's like being in hell. If it's warm outside, it will spontaneously ignite with oxygen which will start creating 2nd & 3rd degree burns on your skin. It will burn through everything until it hits your bone. If any particles are left, they can spontaneously ignite even hours later. And since phosphorus is easily absorbed through the skin, it can get into the bloodstream which will cause systemic poisoning. If you ever dig another one, I would NOT touch it, call 911 & ask them to send their EOD unit and let them deal with it. That stuff is wicked bad news.
 
You previously found a phosphorus warhead on that beach? Good Lord, I hope you called 911 and had them send EOD to remove that from the beach. I worked with and built various munitions in the military and one of them were 2.75" rockets with white phosphorus warheads. Those rockets with white phosphorus warheads were designed to be fired at targets as a visual marker for bombers so they'd have a visual mark where they needed to drop their payloads.

White Phosphorus is so nasty that any enemies in the area will wish they were hit directly by the warhead. If the powder gets on your skin, you're gonna know what it's like being in hell. If it's warm outside, it will spontaneously ignite with oxygen which will start creating 2nd & 3rd degree burns on your skin. It will burn through everything until it hits your bone. If any particles are left, they can spontaneously ignite even hours later. And since phosphorus is easily absorbed through the skin, it can get into the bloodstream which will cause systemic poisoning. If you ever dig another one, I would NOT touch it, call 911 & ask them to send their EOD unit and let them deal with it. That stuff is wicked bad news.
Of all the Ordnance we handled and stored, WP was the most concerning. :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • WP.webp
    WP.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 37
This just popped up in my FB feed.
 

Attachments

  • WP.webp
    WP.webp
    51.1 KB · Views: 37
Of all the Ordnance we handled and stored, WP was the most concerning. :laughing7:
WP is so friggin' nasty, I can't even think about it without getting chills. I'll never forget my first day of AMMO Tech school, instructor gets up in front of the class, doesn't introduce himself or make small talk. The first thing he said was "if you hear the explosion, you're probably gonna live". That was so comforting, I felt much better, NOT, lol. At least with MK82's and other typical bombs, you could drop down, faceplant prone on the ground and have a chance the shrapnel would soar over & misses ripping your body to pieces.

But with Willie Peat, no such luck. Those clouds spread out, travelled with the air and finds the enemy, and they'll regret the day they signed up to fight the U.S. Military. My favorite 2.75" rocket warhead was the flechette, 1,500-2,000 tiny darts packed tight into the warhead, which would then spread out upon detonation. IIRC, I believe the "official" mission for the flechettes was to destroy tents & other soft targets. Yeah right, those tiny darts would turn any enemies in the area into Swiss cheese. Ever notice how some of our munitions seemed to have "double duty", lol.
 
Last edited:
This just popped up in my FB feed.
I can only hope & pray that the leak was inside a bomb igloo or building without any moving air, where it stands a better chance at being contained. But if that leak occurred outside and there was any wind present, it's a potential "code brown" situation, and I'd be running fast to get as far away as I could before any of that powder graced my skin. EOD has the suits and equipment to deal with that, I was only wearing fatigues, lol.
 
You previously found a phosphorus warhead on that beach? Good Lord, I hope you called 911 and had them send EOD to remove that from the beach. I worked with and built various munitions in the military and one of them were 2.75" rockets with white phosphorus warheads. Those rockets with white phosphorus warheads were designed to be fired at targets as a visual marker for bombers so they'd have a visual mark where they needed to drop their payloads.

White Phosphorus is so nasty that any enemies in the area will wish they were hit directly by the warhead. If the powder gets on your skin, you're gonna know what it's like being in hell. If it's warm outside, it will spontaneously ignite with oxygen which will start creating 2nd & 3rd degree burns on your skin. It will burn through everything until it hits your bone. If any particles are left, they can spontaneously ignite even hours later. And since phosphorus is easily absorbed through the skin, it can get into the bloodstream which will cause systemic poisoning. If you ever dig another one, I would NOT touch it, call 911 & ask them to send their EOD unit and let them deal with it. That stuff is wicked bad news.
Oh yea, I called it in immediately. That used up my 15 minutes of fame.
20220504_160703 A.webp
DSCN4123.webp
 
Good for you Sandog and you have many more "15 minutes of fame" ahead!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom