I had an uncle who buried silver coins and cash, all the time all over his large property in northern CA. He would smile and say that he had put down so many coffee cans and jars that he couldn't remember where all of them were. In the early to mid-80’s he even asked my dad to bring his metal detector to see if it could find some of them the next time we visited. Well, we never had the time to get back there, and several years ago he and my aunt moved to AZ, and I asked my aunt if my uncle had dug all the money up or not, and she laughed and told me that it was amazing how his memory came right back before they moved, and he spent a few days digging up cans and mason jars all over the place, and that he said he got everything. I never asked how much it was, but it was fairly substantial. He and his father before him used their ranch as a bank for their whole lives.
I dated a lady whose grandfather did much the same thing, and he was an avid metal detectorist, but had passed a few years before I got to meet him. Anyway, she said anytime her dad needed to borrow money, he went to his dad (her grandfather), and he would tell them to wait there, and he would go around to the back of the house somewhere, taking a shovel with him, and then come back a little bit later with whatever they needed. Her dad thought he was crazy for not putting his money in a bank, and he replied, "Why would I want to do that?" She said that he also buried most of his MD'ing finds. She said when he passed the property was sold, and to her knowledge, the money was/is still there. One of these days when I get the time I'm going to get back in touch with her, do some research, and hopefully see if I can get permission to do some searching.
As a kid, I remember burying a bunch of Star Wars figures and some Hot Wheel cars in a field out back of our house, for a reason I can’t recall, and after a year or two, I never could locate them, even with a lot of digging, so unless someone else found them, they’re still buried right where I put them, wherever that is, on two acres, LOL.