What's new

Did pretty good on a box of pennies today but.....

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a sealed box from my bank yesterday, opened it up today and to my surprise it was missing 3 rolls (clear plastic rolls) This ever happened to anyone else?

It was a pretty good box though.... 27 wheats, oldest being an xf 1934. Also had 1-1981 Canadian cent and 1- 1960-D small date.

Bummed about the box being $1.50 short though.
 
Upvote 0
I've never had a sealed box come up empty like that.

Odd.
 
I had a sealed half box missing 5 rolls and another missing 3. But I found plenty of silvers to eat the loss.
 
I've never had a sealed box missing rolls, looks like you scored good on the wheats :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
jrf30 said:
I've never had a sealed box come up empty like that.

Odd.

I have, I've had one box come up one roll empty. And it was a sealed box, but later I realzed there was a way to get a roll out of some sealed boxes without tearing the cardboard. So, it could have been a stretch or a machine error.
However, 3 rolls light is pretty bad, and for the record, PLASTIC pennies are the pits, they are a pain in the but to open..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom