Did Treasure Seekers of San Diego shutdown?

UncleDude

Greenie
May 15, 2019
San Diego, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had reached out to them during the pandemic and everything was on hiatus because of it. Charlene was keeping me informed with the newsletters but that stopped back in the fall and everything was still on hiatus.. I decided to look into them again to learn about detecting but the website expired. Does anyone know if they are still around? Was thinking of joining a hunt or two if they had extra detectors just to give it a shot and see how I like it... and learn from people who know what they're doing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears they are shut down, the website and all links on google are dead.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Us San Diego Coinshooters are still alive! PM me if interested. We actually have a club hunt tomorrow.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're supposed to have a few members from the Treasure Seekers at our event tomorrow, so, we can ask them about their club too. They're based in the north part of the county, but, both clubs have members from all over the area. Some are in both clubs.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think metal detecting would be banned in california, do you have to send nancy a % ????
We're actually more open than many other states. Some parks and schools are off limits, mainly from incorrect interpretation of archaic rules, or, whims of the groundskeepers, no actual rules on the books about metal detecting. All beaches are open, most Federal forest land and BLM land is open, even some State Parks are open. I'm not aware of any permit requirements in Ca. either....not here in San Diego county anyway, or any other place in SoCal that I've hunted. It's always best to look up the rules yourself for a particular area you wish to hunt just to make sure. Just don't go asking ignorant government workers for permission. Most don't know the law and just say NO to keep from sticking their neck out. After all, what benefit do they have to say YES? The rules (if there are any about metal detecting) will be written down somewhere regarding every piece of land the government owns. Just look it up and you'll know for sure.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can send them in at a place called boardsort.com and they will send you a check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread