Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,953
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:Part of a hinge![]()

shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:
Ok, it's a Rev War cap badge!
Better now?![]()

Broken knee said:Well IP it has a good chance of being colonial by the look and all.HH
Broken Knee
shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:
Ok, it's a Rev War cap badge!
Better now?![]()
I was hoping it was a horse rosette.![]()
It still could be, I'm no expert![]()
WHOA! I'm going to throw out this idea could it be a book clasp? It appears if something was attached at these highlighted spots, or just my imagination? The reason I ask is i have an old bible that the hinge center has the same rounded middle point will post a pic later.Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:Are you asking me? You must be one of those UKers.shaun7 said:Part of a hinge![]()
![]()
Ok, it's a Rev War cap badge!
Better now?![]()
I was hoping it was a horse rosette.![]()
It still could be, I'm no expert![]()
Could be a rosette, of course, of course,
And no one can talk sense into a horse of course
Especially if the horse is the famous Krazyhorse.
shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:
Ok, it's a Rev War cap badge!
Better now?![]()

Broken knee said:WHOA! I'm going to throw out this idea could it be a book clasp? It appears if something was attached at these highlighted spots, or just my imagination? The reason I ask is i have an old bible that the hinge center has the same rounded middle point will post a pic later.Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:Are you asking me? You must be one of those UKers.shaun7 said:Part of a hinge![]()
![]()
Ok, it's a Rev War cap badge!
Better now?![]()
I was hoping it was a horse rosette.![]()
It still could be, I'm no expert![]()
Could be a rosette, of course, of course,
And no one can talk sense into a horse of course
Especially if the horse is the famous Krazyhorse.Well here it is, and I don't know what i was thinking cause there not even close. This bible is dated 1843.
![]()
Broken Knee
CRUSADER said:Its actually a Georgian Furniture fitting, most likely a keyhole escutcheon, but maybe a another piece of furniture decor.
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=12893&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=21772&cat=all
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=10699&cat=all

