What's new

Difference between µMAX Cutlass and µMAX Cutlass II ?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
1,368
Golden Thread
0
Location
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, any real difference between Cutlass and Cutlass II (both µMAX)? I see the addition of all metal / disc switch on the II, but anything else? Depth the same, or?
 
1985 Tesoro - Cutlass

1992 Tesoro - Cutlas II

I don't have a clue about the upgrades but, the answer is a phone call away! 928-771-2646 :skullflag:
 
Thanks, but I was asking about the µMAX versions, apparently introduced in '96 and '98. They look similar, with the II version including a mode switch and the plastic pole locks. Thought someone here might have played with both of 'em.
Guess I could email Allan Cannon; he seems super nice, but I'm not sure he knows of all Tesoro changes throughout the years.
Asking about the µMAX Cutlass models 'cause I just bought a nice looking one (µMAX Cutlass) to replace another Compadre that I gave to my oldest daughter. Now my son and daughter both have their own Compadres. ^_^
 
Cutlass 1 was 12 kHz and doesn't have a true all metal, just a disc knob that goes to accept all metals (ED180) cutlass II 10khz has an all metal threshold all metal. No threshold control but factory set and separate disc circuit.
If I remember correctly.
The cutlass 1 is a pumped up compadre
 
Howdy Stoof!
I think you're right; a fancier Compadre with a sensitivity knob. Comparing it in airtests, it's about the same depth as my son's 8" Compadre...but with a much nicer tone. It was in such pretty shape though, I had to add it to the Tesoro wall.. ^_^
 
Howdy Stoof!
I think you're right; a fancier Compadre with a sensitivity knob. Comparing it in airtests, it's about the same depth as my son's 8" Compadre...but with a much nicer tone. It was in such pretty shape though, I had to add it to the Tesoro wall.. ^_^

If it has the same higher tone as my Bandido II I agree. Much nicer audio.
I saw that one on eBay but missed it.
 
here's mine..

A '96-'97 Cutlass microMAX. Seems to work nicely, but I haven't given it the full workout yet.

image.webp
 
Beautiful. ..
 
Beautiful. ..

Thanks! Got it recently and it arrived looking better than expected. Previous owner probably only used it a couple times, I guess. ^_^
 
I got to get out. Arkansas too hot and dry too soon, no fun.
 
Got mine in the other day!!!
Can't wait to get her out there!!
Happy hunting!!

Thinking if sending it in to have it tuned to a 5.75.
Mostly be using it for trashy areas and parks.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom