What's new

Dig found spoon ,cant figure age out

norwalkParanormal

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I have seen the bp insignia before ,but not the little alien looking guy ,any spoon people out here lol
 

Attachments

  • image-3562112680.webp
    image-3562112680.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 183
  • image-2130899526.webp
    image-2130899526.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 2
Very old, cool find
 
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find norwalkParanormal!
 
I have a silversmith hallmarks book but will take some time to locate and look up. Have you checked the internet? One can find many of the same markings via the internet.
 
I'm guessing the "little alien looking guy " that you refer to - is the leopard head signifying the city mark for London , I would also
guess the dating on this spoon to be circa 1830's Very nice find indeed !
 
Nice find, great spoon !!
Keep @ it and HH !!
 
Thank you

All for the answers you got me with ,yes now that I look at it ,the alien does look like a leopard lol :)
 
I have a silversmith hallmarks book but will take some time to locate and look up. Have you checked the internet? One can find many of the same markings via the internet.

Looked at alot ,but not in this sequence can't find :)
 
If you give us a clear shot of the 'date letter', it will be easy to ID, specially if it is a London assayer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom