Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all,
I see the thread I started on Diggers last year has 460 responses. Watched it again the other day and still hated it. I think it is not in our best interest to have the hobby demonstrated that way, even though I understand that it's television. I can't see myself detecting with any yahoos that act like they do on that show. For those that like it, more power to you, but count me out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0
Count me out too. Makes us all look dumb. Of course I am, but even I don't watch that show. And I watched American Digger with Ric Savage. Think he's still out there?

I liked the past shows.
If the rumors of them bringing someone else in the show is True & not B.S.
I'll never respect or watch them again.

But we'll see

other rumors are it's canceled. no idea who to believe

Has anyone else noticed that there are beep beeps in a steady pattern any where and everywhere as they swing and even though they are wearing headphones we hear it too?
Luvsdux

It's made for TV. If there were no beeping people would get bored of watching:laughing7:

Just what is " our best interest "? :icon_scratch:Sounds more like your best interest or entitled opinion maybe, definitely not mine nor some other's. If you hated it the first time that you watched it, what prompted you to watch it again? Must not have been that bad, huh?
If I had the opportunity to do what I love, get paid for it, hunt locations that nobody has hunted or may never hunt again, and be partners with National Geographic; I would act a little silly too. Keep drinking that Haterade folks. I can admit that I enjoy the show and that I am jealous as heck that I am not in their shoes hunting some really great locations. As far as Savage goes, him and his freakshow of a family should not be allowed within 100 miles of the Metal Detecting hobby.
I have talked to numerous people while out hunting and the topic of the diggers show gets brought up quite often. I haven't heard anything bad from those not in our hobby. In fact, most find it very interesting that MD'ING isn't just for finding buried treasure but also for recovering and preserving history. That doesn't sound like a "bad demonstration" of the hobby to me. Go have another glass of Haterade :laughing7:

Last edited:
Well, different opinions is one of the things that make the world go round. Watch it it YOU like it, makes no difference to me.
luvsdux

I liked savage, go drink your hateraide :occasion14:

attachment.php

I think both shows have piqued the interest of many wannabe dectorist. Both shows have qualities that inform the general public that we aren't out to destroy property. Lovem or hatem there isn't one member of this blog that wouldn't love to get paid for what they do. The only negative is time constraints don't allow the viewers to see all of the pull tabs , hot wheels and bottle caps we dig.

Bull@!#$ ! You couldn't pay me enough to act like that on television! If you think mr "boom baby" wasn't damaging to the hobby, you are either blind or never saw the show you talk about!

Bull@!#$ ! You couldn't pay me enough to act like that on television! If you think mr "boom baby" wasn't damaging to the hobby, you are either blind or never saw the show you talk about!

a Little Strong to get a Like from Me :laughing7:

But I do agree with the part "boom baby" had to be damaging.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

I still think Diggers, in spite of there Antics were seen as interesting because of the History & archies involved

where "boom baby" Paid the landowners $300 bucks , Dug big Holes & Made noise
then turned around & Claimed $30,000.00 pay checks, with obvious rented Relics :(
If anyone made landowners weary it was them.

I watched 2 shows when first started and hated them so I will not watch again, had people ask me about them couple times and told them they were horrible. Just my opinion...

Last edited:
I watched it for awhile then lost interest. Some of the finds and things they seek out make for a good story. But they need to replace those two with someone a little more intellectual and suave. Like Liam Neeson. :laughing9:

I watch the show (Diggers). I like it though they do get annoying with the silliness. But in all fairness it is TV. I watched a You-tube video and they where on it. They acted normal and it was interesting and I even learned a few things on digging techniques for lawns. I give them a pass for the silliness. I got to do a bunch of crap my boss tells me to do that I consider silly. Why cast stones? Now the Savage guy......that is another story. Nothing good to say on that one.

JimK

All reality shows are scripted. It just depends upon if we like the characters and their antics. If you go on Youtube that is where you see some good hunters not scripted. I just got N.Geo channel and so far its been all drugs and gangs. Nothing like the magazine I grew up with. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back