Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Digging a Trash Pit ca. 1950's 10/8/07

A great video Badger---Thoroughly enjoyable.
That silver spoon is a beauty and still on my wish list.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Merf said:
A great video Badger---Thoroughly enjoyable.
That silver spoon is a beauty and still on my wish list.

Thanks Merf. I always miss the good days. I wish I had my camera with me when I dug those figurines. That day I got 1/2 dozen figurines; wheat cents; an old token; old bottles, and other really old pottery pieces.

It seems whenever I make a big hit I don't have that camera! :'(

Badger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Hey Badger, enjoyed that video. I was told by a local of an old trash pit, that he said he use to dig through as a kid...said it dated to about the 30's. Apparently, according to him, hasn't been used as a trash pit since about the 50's! So, I am expecting some really nice old finds! Waiting for alot of overgrowth to go down and hubby and I plan to hit it ..... I can't wait.

Watching your video made me think of what wonderful finds we might come up with.

Thank you for sharing,
Annmarie

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Loved the video! I collect occupied Japan stuff and finding those figurines must have been awesome! Thanks for sharing them.

vicki

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Ron and Ann said:
Hey Badger, enjoyed that video. I was told by a local of an old trash pit, that he said he use to dig through as a kid...said it dated to about the 30's. Apparently, according to him, hasn't been used as a trash pit since about the 50's! So, I am expecting some really nice old finds! Waiting for alot of overgrowth to go down and hubby and I plan to hit it ..... I can't wait.

Watching your video made me think of what wonderful finds we might come up with.

Thank you for sharing,
Annmarie

Thanks. Yes, these sites are almost always good. You never know what you'll find. It's always been so easy to lose valuable stuff in trash.

I'd say you can almost bet on lots of tableware. At that tiny site in the video I've dug a total of 5 pieces so far. I just show one in the video because that's the only one I found that day.

Actually these little trash pits offer the best chance for good gold jewelry and relics. I've only been looking for them the last couple of years and as a result trippled my good finds.

Hope you find some good stuff at your site. The older they are the better.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread