Digging every nickel signal

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I went back to the park where I found the shield nickel and dug every nickel signal. There's a lot of foil in some spots there but it seems like the ATgold is a little better than the ATpro at discriminating foil from treasure. I love finding old pocket knifes and the key on a chain was a neat find too. Spoons will go in my giant jar of salvaged flatware.
20231028_175602.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Upvote 22

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back to the park where I found the shield nickel and dug every nickel signal. There's a lot of foil in some spots there but it seems like the ATgold is a little better than the ATpro at discriminating foil from treasure. I love finding old pocket knifes and the key on a chain was a neat find too. Spoons will go in my giant jar of salvaged flatware.
View attachment 2112438

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig it all! Look at all the great stuff you or others may have passed on. Any one of those nickel signals could be that large gold ring. Well done!!!

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2112438

Cool finds.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
View attachment 2112438

Nice digs. I have found some of my best finds by digging nickels. Aggravating as that can sometimes be, ie, lots of trash. But nice when the gold rings pop out. I'm even glad when it is a nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread