Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my new found tot lot Sunday, only to discover it is "new" and with the recent rain it had standing pools of water. The days high was 35 with a "refreshing" 25 mph breeze!
So I put on 2 jackets and my winter gloves and a swinging we did go! There was very little trash, and some recently dropped clad. I got a little excited when the chain surfaced, I'm out of luck unless it's black gold! Lol!
I hope whom ever was knitting made something real warm to put on!
I also found a furry friend (ok it's plastic) he was hibernating in the pile of leaves looked like he needed a warm place to call home.

I tried my luck in the grassy tree festooned park area. There you have to fight with the tree roots for every target you try to dig, including the trashy can slaw! Even cutting a plug is not easy.
On my last target a live furry friend came up to me with his play toy in mouth to check out what I was doing. Funny thing, he looked just like the toy dog I found minus the red neck ribbon. I guess he was going to give me some much needed help digging.
The owner asked me that inevitable question...."find any gold?" I wanted to pull out the knitting needle and ask if that counts, but he wouldn't get it, he'd just think I'm weird and a little strange. But that's ok, because I know what's out there waiting for me, I just have to find it!
The hunt goes on next Sunday at a high school! GL. HH to all. Dig while you can! image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
:icon_thumleft: That plastic dog has more personality than most toy animals, really cool. :icon_thumright: Amazing that a similar dog came visiting soon after. Have Fun! :cat: Andi

It was rather windy yesterday...a few gusts dang near blew me over.:laughing7: I see a LOT of deer droppings in the park I hunted ..shoulda got a pic...hey,I know what deer crap looks like.:laughing7:

Good to see you're still at it ma'am! The BIGGY awaits you!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Not all bad in a day's work in the cold but shouldn't those lips be blue instead of green?

Looks like a good day to me. GL&HH!

Good to get out at this stage in the game.
I like help from furry friends.
There is definitely something really good waiting for you.

Nice finds Msbeepbeep good luck next sunday at the school and stay warm...

Did you make sure that chain isn't black silver?

Andi- I may take my new plastic pet with me on my next MD'ing trip, maybe he's my good luck charm!

Chris as long as the biggie I find isn't a bear (the live kind)!

CG the lips were in a pool of water and hadn't frozen to a that lovely shade of blue yet! Lol!

That it was Tom, that it was, a good day!

Dave 44 I haven't check the chain yet I may leave that for the bright spot in a future cold snowy day.

Rick I think the real furry friend thought I was digging up real treasure, a bone!

Thank you Tony, I am looking forward to hunting there as long as I can dig up the prize I'll wear as many coats as it takes!

Thank you all for your kind words and support! There's no doubt in my mind that I will find it, it's just a matter of time!

So you braved the freezing conditions and got out there to hunt. Perhaps not the greatest finds ever but had you stayed home all snuggled up and warm you wouldn't have found anything. And who know what is potentially waiting for you on your next outing? Keep your head, hands and feet warm out there.

I also found a furry friend (ok it's plastic) he was hibernating in the pile of leaves looked like he needed a warm place to call home.

I'm thinking, I'm seeing a new "mascot". ;)

The owner asked me that inevitable question...."find any gold?"

Depending on my mood, sometimes I answer up yeah, but only a pound today. Or maybe, nope, just silver. :dontknow:

Do all these people go to the same school to come up with these witticisms? :dontknow:

The single best thing I see, that you found was that nail. Especially if you saved some tot's small foot from a rather
painful introduction. THIS, is something people just do not see as a benefit from what we do. :dontknow:

Car91rs- thanks! it can't hide forever.

Breez0404- when my detector starts asking for a hand warmer to wrap it's self in, it's getting cold out there! We will detect till we can't. Then we ill try anyhow!

WHADIFIND- If the new mascot can help sniff out the gold he's hired!
My all time favorite- "you ever find anything with that thing?" My reply, "no, it's a weed wacker." love that momentary look of confusion! Lol! Maybe they are cloning themselves. :dontknow:
Ya the large nail was in the tot lot, that would have ruined someone's day. Next time I need a large nail, I've got one! Just may hang my stocking with it! Lol!

WHADIFIND- If the new mascot can help sniff out the gold he's hired!
My all time favorite- "you ever find anything with that thing?" My reply, "no, it's a weed wacker." love that momentary look of confusion! Lol! Maybe they are cloning themselves. :dontknow:
Ya the large nail was in the tot lot, that would have ruined someone's day. Next time I need a large nail, I've got one! Just may hang my stocking with it! Lol!

I was asked one time, what I was spraying for and why so close to their yard? ;)

Twice in 2013 I was asked that question and right after out popped a gold ring from the ground so I actually get a little pumped when someone asks me that.
Keep at it, HH ALL.

Twice in 2013 I was asked that question and right after out popped a gold ring from the ground so I actually get a little pumped when someone asks me that.
Keep at it, HH ALL.

I was hunting in the water at a beach one time and these kids just wouldn't leave me alone.
One asked, "What're you looking for?"

I simply said, "Radiation".

ZOOM!!!! EVERYBODY OUTTA THE POOL!!! LOL

I love it! Lol! Creativity!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back