Digging New England Reviews The Teknetics T2 Metal Detector

diggingnewengland

Apr 10, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Sovereign GT
I discovered tһе Teknetics T2 SE аѕ being a beast аnd I һаνе bееn ѕο excited ѕіncе tһеn. I discovered mу perfect setting οn discrimination mode set аt fifteen, running οn + ntones wіtһ tһе sensitivity set аt 92. Wһеn I ԁο hit a target tһаt ԁοеѕn't hold tһе pitch οr tone, I switch over tο Boost Mode аnd іt always hits hard аnd holds tһе tone. Tһе depth came alive аƖѕο. Getting аn һοneѕt 7-10″ іѕ common wіtһ tһе Teknetics T2 SE. Wһаt I discovered wrοng οn mу primary trip wаѕ tһаt I keep іt іn Boost Mode аnd ran tһе sensitivity around 95. Tһіѕ kept tһе Teknetics T2 machine unstable аחԁ hitting οn very small pieces οf metal.

http://www.diggingnewengland.com/digging-new-england-reviews-the-teknetics-t2-metal-detector/

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
I like 4 tones, sens 95 and about 10 disc. It keeps out the hot rocks. After a while, you just have to listen before looking at the VLF scale. I use my DD coil for large areas, and my 5" sniper coil for trashy yards. I use BP mode, when the items are really deep. Usually in a cleaner area. I also use it to check out a faint target. That T2 is a super hot machine! I have found #7 bird shot many times with it. One day, that bird shot could be a gold nugget! ;D

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
I found something on Ebay that eliminates the EMI/RFI noise

EMI and RFI (ElectroMagnetic & Radio Frequency Interference) can reduce your detector's sensitivity and cause reading errors. Suppression of external electrical and electronic noise allows you to crank up your Metal Detector's sensitivity control for higher gain and deeper scanning. Get more reliable and accurate readings.

search on Ebay for "Search Coil In-Line EMI / RFI Filter"

it clips on and off your metal detector coil

I bought one and notice less noise around towers

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
I usually do not have to worry about interference, because I am in the middle of nowhere detecting for my goods. I would just be worried about putting an after market device on my 1000+dollar detector. Also I would fear that it would decrease my sensitivity by filtering the chatter. It is chatters, because it is more sensitive than the others. It likes tiny things like nuggets. That is just my opinion though. That item might just be the cure-all for the problem too. :wink:

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thunderstorms hit yesterday, making my 4500 useless. I took out the t2 and man what a nice detector for trashy mining areas. I ran it on all/metal mode\sens abuout 80. Any more than that and it got unstable. I ended up with one nugget (20gr.) Was 4in deep on bedrock with high mineralization. fe03 had two bars most of the time. Any time i got a target id of around 51 i dug my heart out! Thought i had a big nugget going on one dig, when the target was 49. Turned out ten inches down was a brass bottom of a 12ga. Really old too. fun stuff.

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info everyone on the T2.

I go all metal most of the time.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
fishbone3d said:
I usually do not have to worry about interference, because I am in the middle of nowhere detecting for my goods. I would just be worried about putting an after market device on my 1000+dollar detector. Also I would fear that it would decrease my sensitivity by filtering the chatter. It is chatters, because it is more sensitive than the others. It likes tiny things like nuggets. That is just my opinion though. That item might just be the cure-all for the problem too. :wink:

Clip-on interference chokes (that you clip onto the cable next to the searchcoil connector) won't degrade the performance of the metal detector. However the only kind of interference they're of use for is from VHF-UHF interference sources (cell phones, cell phone towers, radar, television broadcast, Wi-Fi, etc.). And effective only for certain types of such interference. Some people have tried them and reported improvement under their conditions, and other people have tried them and reported no improvement.

--Dave J.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I almost never hunt in the Boost Process mode but i do use it to check the targets :icon_thumleft:

Sometimes if there is to much chatter i turn the sensitivity down and run the BP mode ..This does quiet it down alot and the boost gives you that punch for the depth..Im no expert but i do have thousands of hours logged on the T2 detectors...

Here in New England i hunt mostly colonial cellar holes in the woods..The T2 is a killer machine for this :thumbsup:
It allows you to find the real deep stuff out in the farm fields that were plowed over and over again,and it will do great in the iron around the cellar hole..

My setting are almost always sens 99 disc 0 and always the 2+ mode..

After i completely pounded out the area i will run over it in the BP mode..Then i will put the 5 inch coil on it and run around the cellar with it in 0 disc and at 21 disc in the BP mode.

Blaze...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blaze, Lots of good tips there. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread