What's new

Digging some ancient coins.

vince76

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
3,094
Golden Thread
5
Location
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody.
i turned back to where i found the coin silver from 200-100 BC. I promised to myself that i would go slowly. It was hard to take it easy. My nose became red and t-shirt wet. But i wouldn't come back home with empty pockets.
First i found a big piece of bronze and then another one smaller. I was praying to find other silver coins when a bronze one came out.
The soil was very hard to dig but i wouldn't give up.
Another one came out. It looked beautiful. A very beautiful portrait on it. I was amazed.
Here are the pics of them and other stuff.
Thank you for watching.
Metal detecting is great :).

Antigonus Gonatus, 277-234 BC, AE 18 mm. Helmeted head of Athena head right / B-A, Pan erecting trophy right, Q to right, ANT monogram below.

FullSizeRender (4).webpFullSizeRender (5).webp

Apollonia, Illyria, AE. 100 BC-30 AD. laureate head of Apollo right, / APOLLW-NIATAN to right and left of obelisk within wreath.

FullSizeRender (6).webpFullSizeRender (7).webpIMG_3275.webp

Maybe 100BC-30AD other coins!

FullSizeRender (8).webpFullSizeRender (9).webpFullSizeRender (10).webp

Bronze.

IMG_3283.webpIMG_3284.webpIMG_3286.webpIMG_3287.webp

By Vince
 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
Those are some great pieces of history. I hope they're displayed for the world to see, or at least guests.
 
Ciao Vince,

Very nice finds, the Apollo is in very good shape. Did you do this in one day?

Looks like another banner.

Yes mate, i think if i could search more i would have more results but it was very hot. When i got back home i was exhausted.
 
Congrats on another great coin rescue operation. You are turning into another ancient coin CRUSADER. Banner all the way.

Thank's Sir. I hope so. I'm collecting some info and soon i will get back out there. ;)
 
DANG GOT TO GET A HAIR WEAVE PULLED MY HAIR AT LOOKING AT THESE FINDS . MIGHT HAVE TO GET ONE OF SCRAPPYS FINE WIGS .
 
DANG GOT TO GET A HAIR WEAVE PULLED MY HAIR AT LOOKING AT THESE FINDS . MIGHT HAVE TO GET ONE OF SCRAPPYS FINE WIGS .

Please, keep your hair on! You will need them. This is just the beginning [emoji12]
 
I have got to get back over there one of these days, Amazing history.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom