diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a few minutes of spare time today so I pulled a few of my recent finds out that I never posted. First is a matted and framed photograph of a lighthouse in Sumatra. It is dated 1939. I need to research it a little for value. The photo itself measures 10x13 so it's a decent sized photo-

DSC09080.jpg DSC09081.jpg

Next is this cool USS Maine etched depression glass small plate or change tray. Not worth much but I like it.

DSC09088.jpg

Next are a couple micro mosaic pin/brooches. The two insect pin brooches are unsigned. I researched them and found the maker, but I can't locate it now. I thought I had the website saved, guess not. Also shown is a small NYPD Police Detective DEA badge pin.

DSC09086.jpg

Last but not least are a small collection of Pre Colombian pottery heads. A couple have info written on them. I found a couple of these over the past year actually. I found the rest a few weeks ago.

DSC09090.jpg

I got maybe $25 invested in all this stuff, and $10 of that was on the lighthouse photo.

Attachments

• DSC09080.jpg
    DSC09080.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • DSC09081.jpg
    DSC09081.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 92

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit partial to precolumbian artifacts having collected a few over the years. I find it's fun trying to ID the specific culture and time period for them. The NYPD pin is for the detectives endowment association. At first I thought it was for the drug enforcement administration.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't even attempted to find out where they originated from. Here is the info. on 2 of them-

DSC09092.jpg DSC09102.jpg

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I went to a pre-Columbian art exhibition the other day at our major museum (because a buddy of mine had donated a couple of pieces). Its funny, but I was walking around thinking, "fake, fake, fake, fake, real, fake, fake, etc.

That being said, on the last two you posted, I would have thought "real".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread