What's new

Digging Waipahu?

808beginnerdigger

Full Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
172
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Anyone still digging at Waipahu Mill? I see new 6 foot high fencing up where the gate was. Fencing goes all the way up the hill towards the industrial area. Looks like they are adamant about keeping the homeless out. Sure would like to get back in there.
 
I'm pretty sure that Waipahu Mill is pau....for now :'(

It provided many a sode to my brother and I while it was diggable :headbang:

They've gone and put up a bunch of buildings right on top of where the dump was (see picture).

The empty area near the mill itself isn't part of the dump so far as I know - could be wrong though :dontknow:

The primo area was right behind the silver pick-up truck where the new road cut through the heart of the dump. Both sides of the road cut produced bottles as well as a large area between the truck and the large building in the picture. I don't think there is much dump layer under the building or behind it (i.e. between the building and the old mill), but it's tough to know for sure because we had to dig down 8 feet just to hit layer!
 

Attachments

  • Waipahu_New_Overview.webp
    Waipahu_New_Overview.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 663
  • Waipahu_New_Overview.webp
    Waipahu_New_Overview.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 413
dang I wish I was into digging when this place was bumpin! what a crazy spot!!!
 
heres some Waipahu finds from 2014... nothing compared to the amazing finds yielded here from the 1970s- 2000s. IMG_1836.webpIMG_1835.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom