Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

OK. It has finally dried out enough here that I am going to be taking some pictures. I tried to take some pictures inside of my coins but I don't think that it worked. Probably to much interference from other metallic sources like pipes and nails and heating/ac duct work in the house. I will do my best to be up front with This experiment so that everyone knows that I don't have anything hidden up my sleeves. Having said this, here are a couple pictures of the coins and photographic hardware that I will be using. My camera is a Kodak Easyshare P850, which is capable of 5MP which I would imagine is more than enough to see anything. The filters attach to my camera with an adapter which the pictures will show. I have a total of 14 coins which are 90% silver, they include 2 silver dollars, 6 half dollars, and 6 dimes. The total weight of these coins is equal to 5 oz. I will take pictures tomorrow of the target area before, during and after burying the coins with and without the UV and IR filters. I wanted to complete all of this today but like most of you, I have to go to work to support my treasure hunting habit.

Attachments

• Coins.JPG
    Coins.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 6,816
  • IRand UV Filters.JPG
    IRand UV Filters.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 6,882
  • Kodak P850 No Filter.JPG
    Kodak P850 No Filter.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 6,809
  • Kodak P850 with Filter.JPG
    Kodak P850 with Filter.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 6,731
SICARII said:
theirs a bit of technique and timing in using your filter...............

What is the best technique to use? As far as I understand, it is best to be between 45 and 90 degrees perpendicular to the sun with the sun at your back. With an IR filter I can take the pictures at high noon. Is there a better way? I would be happy to try all possible methods with these filters so that we can make the best educated deductions with this. After all, if this really works we are going to have hundreds and maybe thousands of us running around the hills snapping pictures through digital cameras fitted with IR and UV filters looking for lost treasure.

Seden said:
Would a 900nm bandpass be a good choice for gold ore detection?

Randy

Randy,

While taking some test pictures with these filters I snapped some shots of my BBQ Grill while it was hot. (I had a very nice steak) The 720nm, 760nm, and 850nm filters allowed for some recognizable pictures with the 850nm barely producing anything visible. The photo taken with the 950nm filter was totally dark and unrecognizable.

Rjwmam,

Has your camera had the IR blocking filter removed from the CCD? Also thank you for the excellent response!

Randy

Seden said:
Rjwmam,

Has your camera had the IR blocking filter removed from the CCD? Also thank you for the excellent response!

Randy

Randy,

My camera is unmodified. The way I understood it, is that all I needed was to use the IR filters. If I need to remove the IR blocking filter from the CCD I may need to pick up another camera because I am positive that my wife will kill me for altering her camera.

OK. The coins are in the ground. I have a full spread of pictures that I took to document everything that I did. They go from a normal shot with nothing in the ground all the way through to the end with the coins in the ground and shots taken with the filters. These pictures aer un modified since it is too soon to see anything. The time of day was about 1030 hours MT and the tempurature outside was 80 degrees. Here are the pictures in the order taken.

Attachments

• Before Coins 1.JPG
    Before Coins 1.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 2,456
  • Before Coins 2- Look for Ball.JPG
    Before Coins 2- Look for Ball.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 2,441
  • Before Coins 850nm Filter.JPG
    Before Coins 850nm Filter.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,446
  • Before Coins 760nm Filter.JPG
    Before Coins 760nm Filter.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 2,356
  • Before Coins 720nm Filter.JPG
    Before Coins 720nm Filter.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,369
More pictures:

Attachments

• Coins in Hole.JPG
    Coins in Hole.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 2,632
  • 6 Inch Hole.JPG
    6 Inch Hole.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,397
  • Coins in Hole No Filter- Look for Ball.JPG
    Coins in Hole No Filter- Look for Ball.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,388
  • Coins in Hole 720nm Filter.JPG
    Coins in Hole 720nm Filter.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,440
  • Coins in Hole 760nm Filter.JPG
    Coins in Hole 760nm Filter.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,309
  • Coins in Hole 850nm Filter.JPG
    Coins in Hole 850nm Filter.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,353
Beale,

Thank you for the literature that you posted. I am always looking for things to read. I have metal detected my back yard before and all I have found was junk. The only 14 coins that I know about are the ones that I just buried today in the one location that was photographed. It may take a few days (or longer) before we can see anything with the camera.

Logical Beale, different heat retention properties. But very interesting, more.

SWR, you know of course that the fatigue curve for Zinc is exactly the same as for human muscle? As a matter of fact, the boundary between life as we claim it to be, and the so called inert forms is gradually being modified. The difference is being dissipated rapidly.

Don Jose de La Mancha

SWR said:
beale said:
The ground tends to try and fight off this unwelcome metal as a human body tries to fight off disease.

Huh?? ::)

metal is unwelcome in the ground?

I wonder if rocks are also unwelcome, like kidney's trying to pass stones.

I wonder why metal that came from the ground would be unwelcome in the ground?

Will dirt also reject clay or sand?

Are not ALL these things natural elements?

rjwmam said:
SICARII said:

What is the best technique to use? As far as I understand, it is best to be between 45 and 90 degrees perpendicular to the sun with the sun at your back. With an IR filter I can take the pictures at high noon. Is there a better way? I would be happy to try all possible methods with these filters so that we can make the best educated deductions with this. After all, if this really works we are going to have hundreds and maybe thousands of us running around the hills snapping pictures through digital cameras fitted with IR and UV filters looking for lost treasure.

Try this method, try at sunrise aroud 5:30am or sunset 5pm, the sun must be at the east or west of your coin and you should position south or north, perpendicular to the sun of your coin...... Midas noted this as the aztec way in viewing this auras.

SICARII said:
rjwmam said:
SICARII said:

Try this method, try at sunrise aroud 5:30am or sunset 5pm, the sun must be at the east or west of your coin and you should position south or north, perpendicular to the sun of your coin...... Midas noted this as the aztec way in viewing this auras.

I will do that along with taking shots at the hottest part of the day as well. The way I look at it is it can't hurt anything.

Now, Beale, SWR and anyone else for that matter, if you want to bicker and debate eachother please do it somewhere else. We may not agree on a lot of things and some ideas may seem out in the far reaches of our galaxy to you but knock off with the jabbing back and forth. If you would like to participate here as adults feel free to do so as I imagine we could all learn some valuable skills here if this works. My four kids are starting to look more and more like civilized grownups and the oldest is eight. Thank you.

rjwmam said:
My four kids are starting to look more and more like civilized grownups and the oldest is eight. Thank you.

ROTFLMFAO

Given that my oldest just turned 30, and my youngest is 14, I might tend to agree.......... Sometimes seems like they score progressively worse in the "plays well with others" category as they get older..........................

Anybody near Salt Lake City got a test garden rjwmam can try this with ? You know, long-buried coins with known locations ?

I've got a couple pre-1985 pennies I buried a few years ago at known depths, and marked with plastic tent stakes. To date, I have been unable to locate them with my CZ-3D....................................

(Can't even find the plastic stakes anymore, either)

Diggem'

rjwmam said:
SICARII said:
rjwmam said:
SICARII said:

I will do that along with taking shots at the hottest part of the day as well. The way I look at it is it can't hurt anything.

Now, Beale, SWR and anyone else for that matter, if you want to bicker and debate eachother please do it somewhere else. We may not agree on a lot of things and some ideas may seem out in the far reaches of our galaxy to you but knock off with the jabbing back and forth. If you would like to participate here as adults feel free to do so as I imagine we could all learn some valuable skills here if this works. My four kids are starting to look more and more like civilized grownups and the oldest is eight. Thank you.

This is voluntary experiment, SWR you are not oblige to follow...

The image on my profile I tooked on my t-site. I took it north of the hole looking downward approximately in 30 degrees angle perpendecular to the sunset around 5pm. Its still a theory but why does this flahes come at the center?

`Good Afternoon: We are apparently talking about two different factors.

Luminous gases from an ionic transformation of a buried metal under certain geological conditions, is better seen at night.

The other light that is being discussed lately here, is basically logical and easily understandable, even it's method of detecting. may be questionably efficient.

It is commonly acknowledged that the Sun's out put in energy covers the entire spectrum, from 1 cycle to to an infinite number, which we aren't even capable of visualizing at this point. The Sun's energy is being discussed as being the possible origin of the well known earth currents.

It is quite feasible that among the various frequencies, there are many that can easily slip in between the molecules of the materiel's in the earth, which in effect makes it transparent to them yet, when encountering a materiel that is not transparent to them, perhaps such as Gold, could be modified into a polarized energy. This could account for the needed viewing angle.

I frankly have no idea, but it is feasible. SWR is well acquainted with polarized fields since it is a major part of his profession.

I have to think on this for a bit my friends.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back